3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2010 3:28 AM by robert.geisler

What happened to jbossts-properties.xml in JBoss AS 6.0.0.M3

Its Me Newbie

Hello,

Before I get to the real question ..

Its had to tell ( have to admit ..its a struggle to sort through the documentation and discussion forums to filter out discussions by release ).

Is 6.0.0.M3 ( community version ) in a beta state or is it "community GA" ?  I understand that the EAP version may not

be available for a few more months, that's the "supported GA" version, what state is the 6.0.0.M3 ?

To the real question ..

In JBoss AS 6.0.0.0M3, where did the jbossts-properties.xml file go ?

Its nolonger in the JBOSSHOME/server/*/conf directories.

I don't find it in the distribution, so was it combined with another configuration file or was it completely removed ?

If it was removed,why and where is it documented ?

I needed it to change time values for several com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.recovery.* parameters.

I took my jbossts-properties.xml that has been working for 5.0, 5.0.1 and 5.1.0 and placed in my server/*/conf directory.

That didn't work out so well.  It reported :

[AbstractKernelController] Error installing to Instantiated: ... unable to load properties from file c:\jboss-as\server\default\jbossts-properties.xml

at

com.arjuna.com.internal.util.propertyservice.BeanPopulator.getSingletonInstance ...

It generated this stack server times, then went to the :

Failed to load profile: Summary of incomplete deployments

DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENCIES:

{ pages full }

Any insight on where these parameters would need to be configured in this release ?

Thank you

• 1. Re: What happened to jbossts-properties.xml in JBoss AS 6.0.0.M3
          robert.geisler Newbie

hi you ; )

com.arjuna.* properties should be in deploy/transaction-jboss-beans.xml.

for com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.recovery.* have a look at RecoveryEnvironmentBean.

regards

robert

• 2. Re: What happened to jbossts-properties.xml in JBoss AS 6.0.0.M3
            Its Me Newbie

Thanks for the response Robert.

The differences between the files are considerable.

Any guidance on where the following would be place and the format/syntax :

<property name="com.arjuna.common.util.logging.FacilityLevel" type="System" value="0xffffffff"/>

<property name="com.arjuna.common.util.logging.VisibilityLevel" type="System" value="0xffffffff"/>

<property name="com.arjuna.ats.jta.recovery.XAResourceRecovery1"  value="com.arjuna.ats.internal.jbossatx.jta.AppServerJDBCXARecovery;jndiname=MYJDBCXASOURCE"/>

<property name="com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.recovery.periodicRecoveryPeriod" value="15"/>

<property name="com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.recovery.recoveryBackoffPeriod" value="5"/>

<property name="com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.recovery.expiryScanInterval" value="12"/>

<property name="com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.recovery.transactionStatusManagerExpiryTime" value="12"/>

<property name="com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.recovery.transactionStatusManagerExpiryTime" value="12"/>

Also, do you know if this is documented any where for the 6.0 release ?

Thanks again,

• 3. Re: What happened to jbossts-properties.xml in JBoss AS 6.0.0.M3
              robert.geisler Newbie

orry, but i did not see any documentation for transaction-jboss-beans.xml or com.arjuna.* mbeans.

nevertheless i guess that these mbeans are just scanned by PropertyConfigurator.

that means, you have to put all your com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.recovery.* properties under com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.common.RecoveryEnvironmentBean mbean:

{code:xml}<deployment ...

<bean class="com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.common.RecoveryEnvironmentBean"

name="RecoveryEnvironmentBean">

<property name="periodicRecoveryPeriod">15</property>

<property name="recoveryBackoffPeriod">5</property>

<property name="expiryScanInterval">12</property>

<property name="transactionStatusManagerExpiryTime">12</property>

</bean>

</deployment>{code:xml}

have a look at com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.common.RecoveryEnvironmentBean to find out some more properties to set.

com.arjuna.ats.jta.recovery.XAResourceRecovery1 seems to be configured by JTAEnvironmentBean:

<bean class="com.arjuna.ats.jta.common.JTAEnvironmentBean"

name="JTAEnvironmentBean">

<property name="xaRecoveryNodes" preinstantiate="false">

<list elementClass="java.lang.String">

<value>1</value>

</list>

</property>

</bean>

<value>com.arjuna.ats.internal.jbossatx.jta.AppServerJDBCXARecovery;jndiname=MYJDBCXASOURCE</value> should do it for you...?

in the same way com.arjuna.common.util.logging.* properties should belong to LoggingEnvironmentBean:

<bean class="com.arjuna.common.internal.util.logging.LoggingEnvironmentBean"
                      name="LoggingEnvironmentBean">
                  <property name="facilityLevel">0xffffffff</property>
                  <property name="visibilityLevel">0xffffffff</property>
                </bean>

regards

robert