I am working on Business Intelligence project. I am running BI (JSP servlet Based) application on jboss-4.2.3.GA.
My requirement is to improve application performance by tuning JBoss and Operating system parameters .
Hardware: Intel Q8400 Quad core CPU 2.66 Ghz , 4GB RAM
OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 64 BIT
JAVA : jdk1.6.0_20 64 BIT
Database My application doesn’t use JBoss to connect database
i uses third party load testing tool to measure application performance time and i have tried with below options .( i have attached my run_perfomance .bat file)
rem JVM memory allocation pool parameters. Modify as appropriate.
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms2816m -Xmx2816m
rem With Sun JVMs reduce the RMI GCs to once per hour
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=900000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=900000 -XX:ParallelGCThreads=8
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -XX:PermSize=512m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
I have started working on JBoss for deploying my application on clients servers , Can any one help me with following issues ??
1) How do i suggest JVM size for (Xms and Xmx ) ? Typically i suggest 70 % of physical memory
2) How do i improve my application performance by removing JBoss unnecessary services and JBoss tuning?
3) How can i prevent JBoss Out of Memory error when i uses 50 concurrent users for loading simple analysis using my application.
4) What could be the best way to check JVM utilization on peak of application usage ? ( i am using JBoss web console )
5) How do i suggest minimum hardware and recommended hardware requirement (not just for running JBoss but to run my application smoothly)?
6) how can i find correct load testing strategy to work on performance tuning .?
Any one's help is highly appreciated. i am learning JBoss AS tunning .
run_Performance.bat.zip 1.6 KB