6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2010 10:00 AM by Brian Fitzpatrick

Calling JBPM with process name instead of ID

Johannes Krämer Newbie

Hi,

I'm using JBoss ESB 4.8 with the integated JBPM runtime and deployed on JBoss 5.1.0 GA. I've created a JBPM process named "process1" and an ESB configuration that defines a service which starts process1 (see below for excerpts).

It runs fine if I use the attribute "process-definition-id" together with the ID of the deployed process. But as this ID changes with every re-deployment, I would rather call it via the name of the process ("process1"). So I switched from "process-definition-id" to "processdefinition" and set the attribute value to "process1".

But after this change it doesn't work anymore. The process is not executed and I only get a warning telling me:

No fault address defined for fault message! To: InVMEpr [ PortReference < <wsa:Address invm://54657374242424242424242424242424546573745365727669636533/false?false#10000/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:passByValue : false/> > ] MessageID: e6dc8978-95e4-409c-b2e0-32f030a3cce5

Can anyone tell me, what I am doing wrong?

Kind regards

Johannes Krämer

The process definition:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <process-definition name="process1">
      [...]
      </process-definition>

The ESB service:

<service category="Test" description="The third Test Service"
        invmScope="GLOBAL" name="TestService3">
        <actions mep="OneWay">
          <action class="org.jboss.soa.esb.services.jbpm.actions.BpmProcessor" name="jBPM">
            <property name="command" value="StartProcessInstanceCommand"/>
            <property name="processdefinition" value="process1"/>
            <property name="esbToBpmVars">
              <mapping bpm="jbpmVar1" esb="var1"/>
              <mapping bpm="jbpmVar2" esb="var2"/>
            </property>
          </action>
        </actions>
      </service>