6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2012 12:38 PM by zont

Combination of Msg. size and 'min-large-message-size' causes exception

aengineer

We have a JMS producer that reads a file and publishes the contents of the file as the body of a TextMessage. For a specific file size (i.e. message size), the producer gets an exception:

javax.jms.JMSException
          at org.hornetq.core.protocol.core.impl.ChannelImpl.sendBlocking(ChannelImpl.java:287)
          at org.hornetq.core.client.impl.ClientProducerImpl.doSend(ClientProducerImpl.java:285)
          at org.hornetq.core.client.impl.ClientProducerImpl.send(ClientProducerImpl.java:139)
          at org.hornetq.jms.client.HornetQMessageProducer.doSend(HornetQMessageProducer.java:451)
          at org.hornetq.jms.client.HornetQMessageProducer.send(HornetQMessageProducer.java:199)
          at com.putnam.jboss.issues.Send1MMsgFails.run(Send1MMsgFails.java:143)
          at com.putnam.jboss.issues.Send1MMsgFails.main(Send1MMsgFails.java:186)
      Caused by: HornetQException[errorCode=0 message=null]
          ... 7 more
      An exception occurred

We can publish messages that have a smaller size or a larger size. Now, if I were to comment out the setting for
      'min-large-message-size', the producer works just fine. So there seems to be some combination of the actual message size and the value of the 'min-large-message-size' setting that causes the JMS producer to fail.  A value of:
      <min-large-message-size>10485760</min-large-message-size>
      will cause the producer to fail.

We are using 2.1.0.CR1. Before I open a jira, I would like for someone to be able to try the attached client and see if the problem is reproducible.

Attached:
      1) Sample java client that can be used to reproduce the problem. Simply run:
      java com.putnam.jboss.issues.Send1MMsgFails <file-path>

The argument that you pass in is the complete location of the data file. I am also uploading a zipped up version of the data file.

2) The data file.

Thanks
      Aspi Engineer

Putnam Investments