Some thoughts on Quartz Clustering for JBoss ESB.
1. There are two instances of the Quartz Scheduler
a) The instance used by JBpm.esb node1\deploy\jbpm.esb\jbpm-quartz.properties
b) The instance used by rosetta. (inside jbossesb-rosetta.jar path org/jboss/soa/esb/schedule/quartz.properties)
2. Instructions on how to cluster the Quartz (from quartz).
3. I changed the persistance for jbpm to oracle from h2 and I guess this is fine now.
4. I need to change the persistance for the built in quartz to oracle but I am not sure where to put to updated quartz.properties.
Inside the jar? It is not a very good way to package it.
5. The rosetta properties reads now as follows. This is an answer to an older question I had (https://community.jboss.org/thread/150010)
# Default ESB Quartz Properties file.
org.quartz.scheduler.rmi.export = false
org.quartz.scheduler.rmi.proxy = false
org.quartz.scheduler.wrapJobExecutionInUserTransaction = false
org.quartz.threadPool.class = org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool
org.quartz.threadPool.threadPriority = 5
org.quartz.jobStore.misfireThreshold = 1
org.quartz.jobStore.class = org.quartz.simpl.RAMJobStore
6. There is a worrying JIRA issue from about a year ago
7. Has anyone managed to sucessfully cluster the rosetta quartz scheduler?
I think basically the solution to
is to take the scheduler configuration out of the xml and put it in the database.