2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2012 4:28 AM by headcr4sh

class loading isolation deployment error

bapats

I have a vanilla CXF web service deployed in JBoss 5.1.0. All the cxf jars, and dependencies are in the war file.

I am enabling class loading isolation, using jboss-classloading.xml in WEB-INF. The
      problem I am running into is that, the application is not successfully
      deployed (exception below). I tried adding
      org.apache.tomcat/annotations-api as suggested in another thread, but
      that does not seem to work.

The deployment error is always one of the following one:
      -mapped-name is required for org.apache.cxf.transport.http.QueryHandlerRegistryImpl/bus
      -mapped-name is required for org.apache.cxf.binding.AbstractBindingFactory/bus of deployment
      -mapped-name is required for org.apache.cxf.catalog.OASISCatalogManager/bus
      -mapped-name is required for cxf

Turning off class loading isolation, makes the problem go away, but
      then I have to keep removing jars from the war. Any help is greatly
      appreciated.

The detailed exception is as follows:
      java.lang.RuntimeException: mapped-name is required for ...
      org.apache.cxf.binding.AbstractBindingFactory/bus of deployment ws.war
      at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.injection.WebResourceHandler.loadXmlResourceEnvRefs(WebResourceHandler.java:287)
      at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.injection.WebResourceHandler.loadXml(WebResourceHandler.java:325)
      at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.TomcatInjectionContainer.processMetadata(TomcatInjectionContainer.java:550)
      at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.WebCtxLoader.start(WebCtxLoader.java:158)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4272)
      at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeployInternal(TomcatDeployment.java:310)
      at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeploy(TomcatDeployment.java:142)
      at org.jboss.web.deployers.AbstractWarDeployment.start(AbstractWarDeployment.java:461)
      at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.startModule(WebModule.java:118)
      at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.start(WebModule.java:97)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

Thanks

• 1. Re: class loading isolation deployment error
          eric.lentz_at_sherwin.com

I'm on 5.1.0 also. I'm not using jboss-classloading.xml. My procedure was to examine the instructions in WHICH_JARS, which is included with CXF, and I skipped all of the geronimo files since JBoss provides these dependencies. You should only include a small fraction of the jars included with CXF. The only exception to the geronimo jar rule was that I received the above error "mapped-name is required for ..." The solution was to include geronimo-annotation.jar in the lib directory of my web application.

This may not be of help to you, but maybe someone will benefit?

• 2. Re: class loading isolation deployment error
            headcr4sh

Only yesterday I just stumbled across the same problem.

We're using JBoss EAP 5.1.0b here as well and I wanted to bundle Apache CXF within my WAR file and had a cxf.xml that works perfectly well when using Jetty.

I then found this blog post:

http://sagarkarnati.wordpress.com/2011/10/24/java-lang-runtimeexception-mapped-name-is-required-for-org-apache-cxf-binding-bindingfactorymanagerimplbus-of-deployment/

(Suggestion was to add the geronimo-annotation-spec-1.1.1.jar into WEB-INF/lib/ of the .war-file)

The above mentioned suggested additional JAR file solves the classloading issue for some reason. -- playing around with jboss-classloading.xml did not do the trick for me.

I don't know much about the JBoss classloading mechanism and I don't like the solution "just add an additional jar file - it will work!" very much.

But maybe this will shed some more light on the whole situation and help figure out the true cause of the original issue.

Regards