0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2010 1:41 PM by montblanc

Application deployment in a cluster

montblanc

I am trying to find a recommended best practices for doing application deployment in a clustered environment. The application is an EAR with WAR and EJB JAR content that needs to be deployed on a cluster of 2-6 machines. The documentation describes farming deployment in JBoss EAP 5.0.1 and looks like JON 2.4 does have an option ot use it (there is a radio button on the deployment page). However I am concerned about using this in production system where I need high degree of availability, session failover and server stability. In the past v4.x farmed deployment was not recommended for production. Are there any issues to be aware of when using farmed deployment in production system with JON 2.4 and EAP 5.0.1?

1) Is farmed deployment the best way to do production deployment with JON/JBoss EAP?

2) If not, how would I deploy my application in a production cluster?

Unfortunately wiki pages and docs on farming are lacking clarity on this issue.

PS. I have moved this question to the "clustering" forum. Please reply there: http://community.jboss.org/thread/155182