1 of 1 people found this helpful
The JBoss Maven Integration is compatible with JBDS 3.0.x, but isn't supported.
You also need to install the m2eclipse "Maven Integration for WTP" feature using http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/sites/m2e-extras and the JBoss Maven Integration feature using http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/stable/galileo/.
There is not any documentation for the JBoss Maven Integration feature. You could start with the following:
- creating a Seam (or WTP EJB, EAR or Web) project and adding the JBoss Maven Integration facet
- installing a mavenized project using JBoss Project Examples
- using some Maven archetype
- importing some existing Maven project
Hi, thanks for your quick answer.
I installed all additionnal plugins. (cf attached configuration log from eclipse) restarted, then created a standard dynamic web project, and tried to open the web.xml
Jboss tool XML editor just blows up (ie. eclipse just crashes... however if i use standard XML editor, it opens OK)
I just get this in the error log:
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=fr_CH
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86
!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository 4 0 2010-08-23 12:21:17.437
!MESSAGE ProvisioningEventBus could not be obtained. Metadata caches may not be cleaned up properly.
If i use JBDS without the additional plugins, and do the same, it's fine.
Do you have any idea about the plugin that may cause the failure ?
jbds.txt.zip 49.9 KB
I can't reproduce the problem.
The following is what I did:
- Installed JBDS 3.0.1 (jbdevstudio-eap-win32-3.0.1.v201006010437R-H98-GA.jar)
- added the following m2e update sites :
- enabled JBoss Tools Galileo update site http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/stable/galileo/
- installed m2eclipse core from http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/sites/m2e
- installed m2eclipse extras from http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/sites/m2e-extras (except subclipse integration that has additional requirements)
- installed Maven Support from http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/stable/galileo/
- restarted JBDS
- created a Dynamic Web Project and Seam Web Project with the JBoss Maven Integration facet
- opened web.xml
It works fine on WIndows XP, JDK 1.6.0_21.
I am not sure what you mean by "just blows up" ? - Eclipse crashes? Eclipse freezes?
If it crashes, you can find a log file in <STUDIO_HOME>/eclipse (C:\Program Files\jbdevstudio\eclipse\). Is there any file like hs_err_pidXXX.log ?
I'm trying to narrow the problem.
At this time, i've got the following configuration:
WIndows XP SP3, JDK 1.6.0_21.
JBoss Developer Studio Version: 3.0.1.GA Build id: v201006010437R Build date: 201006010449
then, i I just install "Maven Integration for Eclipse 0.10.2.20100623-1649" and create a dynamic web project (No maven projet)
just go on the java perspective, package explorer view, right click new ... Dynamic web project ... and double click on web.xml
it blows up: i mean crash !
I attach the associated hs_err_pidXXX.log
If I use the standard eclipse feature to revert to original installation, it works fine, happily !
If I switch again to installation with m2eclipse, crash ...
and so on.
I'll go further on by trying with the other plugins one at a time ...
hs_err_pid8020.log.zip 5.1 KB
I've got some interesting (?) news !
If I perform all plugins installations in one shot, i.e. without restarting eclipse, as suggested by eclipse after each plugin installation, then it works: I can create a daynamic web project, and double click ok on web.xml without crash
however after an eclipse restart, it fails ...
Can you reproduce the problem when installing m2eclipse core and m2eclipse wtp without installing the JBoss Maven support?
Does the problem happen if you start JBDS in a new workspace?
yes to all questions