0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2010 12:05 PM by jjmiller

Send effects params via javascript function?

jjmiller

I'm new to using RichFaces, and couldn't find an answer to this in my searches, so please forgive me if this has been covered somewhere and I missed it.

I'm trying to send parameters to a richfaces effect function on the fly using javascript functions.  I currently have a javascript function that resizes a DIV, and keeps track of a variable that remembers what the current size is, so that when the user wants to enlarge/shrink the box, it knows what size to make it.   Right now it works, but I'd like to improve the asthetics by using the Morph effect.  Here's a simplified version of how I'm doing it now:

function enlargeDiv(){
          divWidth = divWidth + 100;   
          document.getElementById("myDiv").style.width = divWidth;

}

I can morph the box using richfaces effects, but I can't figure out how to do it when the width will keep changing.  I know how to call the effect from a javascript function if all the params are defined in the richfaces code like this:

<rich:effect name="resizeDiv" for="myDiv" type="Morph" params="style:'width:500px',duration:0.8" />

But I can't figure out how to put those params in the javascript function call.  Or better yet, is there a way to tell the richfaces call to increase/decrease the size by a certain amount, rather than telling it the exact px size?  Something like "params='style:width:+100px"?

Any ideas?

Thanks