2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2010 12:16 PM by Marcos Simón

class not found in deploy

Marcos Simón Newbie

Hi,

I got a war file that I deploy successfuly in local server, but when I deploy in test machine server the deploy is failed.

The stack trace error says:

2010-08-30 16:28:33,000 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/admin_sicof2]] (ResourceContainer.invoker.nonDaemon-2) Excepción enviando evento inicializado de contexto a instancia de escuchador de clase org.jboss.web.jsf.integration.config.JBossJSFConfigureListener: com.sun.faces.config.ConfigurationException: CONFIGURATION FAILED! La aplicación no se ha inicializado correctamente durante el inicio, no se encuentra la fábrica: javax.faces.context.ExceptionHandlerFactory
      at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigManager.initialize(ConfigManager.java:354) [:2.0.2-FCS]
      at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.contextInitialized(ConfigureListener.java:223) [:2.0.2-FCS]
      at org.jboss.web.jsf.integration.config.JBossJSFConfigureListener.contextInitialized(JBossJSFConfigureListener.java:72) [:6.0.0.20100429-M3]
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.contextListenerStart(StandardContext.java:3733) [:6.0.0.20100429-M3]
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4197) [:6.0.0.20100429-M3]
      at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeployInternal(TomcatDeployment.java:323) [:6.0.0.20100429-M3]
      at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeploy(TomcatDeployment.java:148) [:6.0.0.20100429-M3]
      at org.jboss.web.deployers.AbstractWarDeployment.start(AbstractWarDeployment.java:462) [:6.0.0.20100429-M3]
      at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.startModule(WebModule.java:116) [:6.0.0.20100429-M3]
      at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.start(WebModule.java:95) [:6.0.0.20100429-M3]
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) [:1.6.0_21]

(it is in spanish, sorry)

But it means that it cannot found javax.faces.context.ExceptionHandlerFactory factory class.  I´ve searched it and i´ve found in jar file (jsf-api.jar) as I supposed, that is located in Web-inf/lib.

I would like know why it is happened, and how can I solve it?

• 1. Re: class not found in deploy
          Wolfgang Knauf Master

Hi,

which JBoss version do you use?

In general, you don't need to bundle JSF libraries in your web app, as JBoss already includes a JSF implementation (for JBoss 5, this is the Sun Reference Implementation 1.2, for 4.x this was MyFaces 1.1).

So, the problem should disappear if you remove WEB-INF\lib\jsf-api.jar and jsf-impl.jar.

For your information: they can be found in e.g. "jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\deploy\jbossweb.sar\jsf-libs".

Hope this helps

Wolfgang

• 2. Re: class not found in deploy
            Marcos Simón Newbie

The solution was so simply as you suggest, Wolfgang Knauf.

I removed this jars and It's works fine.

I supposed that if I removed it, I had to put it in other place and I didn't know where. I didn't suppose that this libraries already was included into the Jboss.

Thanks a lot.

Regarding my Jboss version, in my local machine I got JBoss 6 M4, and in test machine JBoss 6 M3.