4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2010 2:51 AM by jaikiran

why I cannt start up the hornetQ

xiaoqiang

hi

why I can`t start up the hornetQ when I use it as stand-alone mode according to the user guide, when I come into the bin dictionary,then type run.bat,but I can`t success. How can I do to start up the hornetQ successfully.

thanks.

• 1. Re: why I cannt start up the hornetQ
          clebert.suconic

Read your log files...

Then... Read the manual...

You didn't provide any evidence of what happened. what suggests me you didn't even try fixing it before asking someone else to bother it.

• 2. Re: why I cannt start up the hornetQ
            xiaoqiang

The manual says:"To run a stand-alone server, open up a shell or command prompt and navigate into the bin directory. Then execute ./run.sh (or run.bat on Windows) and you should see the following output,then you will see the follows in the console:"

bin$ ./run.sh

15:05:54,108 INFO  @main [HornetQBootstrapServer] Starting HornetQ server
                     15:06:02,566 INFO  @main [HornetQServerImpl] HornetQ Server version
                     2.0.0.CR3 (yellowjacket, 111) started
            then the hornetQ is running.but when I do according to that,you can see the follows in the console:

Exception in thread "main" java.long.NoClassDefFoundError:and

• 3. Re: why I cannt start up the hornetQ
              xiaoqiang

I`m sorry to trouble you ,I have resoult it,because I put the program on the desk,and when I come into the directory of:C:\Documents and Settings\... , I find it can`t recongize the dir,because there are space in the dir.

thanks!

• 4. Re: why I cannt start up the hornetQ
                jaikiran

freezxq zhang wrote:

because I put the program on the desk,and when I come into the directory of:C:\Documents and Settings\... , I find it can`t recongize the dir,because there are space in the dir.

It's always recommended to install Java or any Java applications outside any folders containing a space in its path name.

15:06:02,566 INFO  @main [HornetQServerImpl] HornetQ Server version
                          2.0.0.CR3 (yellowjacket, 111) started

That's a old version. You might want to use the latest released version http://jboss.org/hornetq/downloads.html