3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2010 3:35 AM by jaikiran

JBoss AS trunk - hornetq-configuration.xml being parsed twice

jaikiran

I just noticed that when JBoss AS (trunk) is booting, the following is logged twice:

21:52:33,432 WARNING [FileConfigurationParser] AIO wasn't located on this platform, it will fall back to using pure Java NIO. If your platform is Linux, install LibAIO to enable the AIO journal
      21:52:38,166 WARNING [FileConfigurationParser] AIO wasn't located on this platform, it will fall back to using pure Java NIO. If your platform is Linux, install LibAIO to enable the AIO journal

This log comes from FileConfigurationParser when it parses the hornetq-configuration.xml. The log itself isn't a worry, but I was curious why it was being logged twice. Digging a bit deeper, I noticed that the JBOSS_HOME/server/< servername>/deploy/hornetq/hornetq-configuration.xml is indeed being parsed twice. Once through the  HornetQConfigParserDeployerFile1 deployer in JBOSS_HOME/server/< servername>/deployers/hornetq-deployers-jboss-beans.xml:

<bean name="HornetQConfigParserDeployerFile1" class="org.jboss.as.integration.hornetq.deployers.HornetQConfigParserDeployer">
              <constructor>
               <parameter>hornetq-configuration.xml</parameter>
            </constructor>
         </bean>

and the second time through the "Configuration" MC bean in JBOSS_HOME/server/< servername>/deploy/hornetq/hornetq-jboss-beans.xml:

<!-- The core configuration -->
         <bean name="Configuration" class="org.hornetq.core.config.impl.FileConfiguration">
            <property name="configurationUrl">${jboss.server.home.url}/deploy/hornetq/hornetq-configuration.xml</property>
         </bean>

Locally, I disabled the HornetQConfigParserDeployerFile1 and started the server. It booted fine without any issues. Could someone from the HornetQ team take a look and see if it would have any other unexpected side-effects? If disabling HornetQConfigParserDeployerFile1 is fine, then I'll create a JBAS JIRA (because that's where the deployers configs reside) and commit this change.