5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2010 7:52 AM by hemanthjava

Error Starting the Server after Deploying my EJB File

hemanthjava

Hello All,

I am using JBoss v5.1.0.GA. When I start my server without deploying my Jar file, it starts fine.

When I place my ejb jar file in the all\server\deploy folder and try to restart the server, I get a huge spool of errors. I have tried to clip the first part of the error by trying to pause the screen and uploaded the screenshot.

My JBoss Version: JBoss v5.1.0.GA

Java Version - JDK 1.6.0

Please Help me Get started with the Issue...

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth

• 1. Re: Error Starting the Server after Deploying my EJB File
          wolfgangknauf

Hi,

first of all: you don't need to post screenshots, the jboss log can be found in "$JBOSS_HOME$\server\all\log" ;-).

Did you play aroung with port configurations? The error message claims that a port binding was not found. Or does your ejb app contain anything "special" (e.g. jboss services)?

Best regards

Wolfgang

• 2. Re: Error Starting the Server after Deploying my EJB File
            hemanthjava

Hello Wolfgang,

Thank you for responding..

Well, we changed jboss-service.xml, under "$JBOSS_HOME$\server\all\conf". Parameters "Port" and "RmiPort" were set to 1099 and 1098 respectively.

Regarding your other question, there is nothing special about the ejb jar, besides the classes.

Thanks again..

Regards,

Hemanth

• 3. Re: Error Starting the Server after Deploying my EJB File
              hemanthjava

Any help really appreciated. I am unable to proceed.

• 4. Re: Error Starting the Server after Deploying my EJB File
                jaikiran

Please post the command you use to start the server. Also please post the entire exception stacktrace. Start by deploying your app to a clean JBoss installation (i.e. don't do any changes in JBoss specific files). If that works, then you will have narrowed down the issue to the changes you are doing.

• 5. Re: Error Starting the Server after Deploying my EJB File
                  hemanthjava

Hello,

Just an update from my side..

On startup, my server spool looks clean. On running my client to connect onto this server, I get the following error message:

javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: kor128803.ban.in.bosch.com:1099 and discovery failed with error: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out] [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server kor128803.ban.in.bosch.com/173.148.19.38:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server kor128803.ban.in.bosch.com/173.148.19.38:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]]

The only thing I have done is to deploy my server.ejb3 file under server\all\deploy folder. No other changes have been done on the server installation files wrt binding, port configurations, etc.

I use the command run -c all to start my JBoss server.

Kindly help..

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth