3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2010 7:22 PM by akaine

validation modal panel for h:commandButton

akaine

I always used the generic solution for a4j:commandButton which is pretty easy to develop and as I've just seen there are tons of references to this one including http://community.jboss.org/wiki/ModalPanelValidation. Still I could not find any for the h:commandButton since it doesn't have oncomplete attribute and doesn't handle ajax requests.

- Is it possible to check for errors on form submit and open a modal panel with the error list if there are any using the h:commandButton?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: validation modal panel for h:commandButton
          sivaprasad9394

I think in h:commandButton you can't achieve this ,try like this

ajax commandButton

oncomplete="if (#{facesContext.maximumSeverity==null}) #{rich:component('editBlacklistingModal')}.hide();"

<a4j:commandButton value="Submit" action="#{.......}" reRender="SampleModal"

oncomplete="if (#{facesContext.maximumSeverity!=null}) #{rich:component('SampleModal')}.show();" />

Inside modelpanel use h:messages or rich:messages

• 2. Re: validation modal panel for h:commandButton
            liuliu

hi,

you can do it with h:commandbutton, you need to use showWhenRendered="#{not (facesContext.maximumSeverity==null)}"

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: validation modal panel for h:commandButton
              akaine

sivaprasad krishnaswamy wrote:

I think in h:commandButton you can't achieve this ,try like this

ajax commandButton

oncomplete="if (#{facesContext.maximumSeverity==null}) #{rich:component('editBlacklistingModal')}.hide();"

<a4j:commandButton value="Submit" action="#{.......}" reRender="SampleModal"

oncomplete="if (#{facesContext.maximumSeverity!=null}) #{rich:component('SampleModal')}.show();" />

Inside modelpanel use h:messages or rich:messages

As I mentionned in the first post I am using the a4j approach. I was trying to change AJAX to JSF submits only because of some RF bugs.

liumin hu wrote:

hi,

you can do it with h:commandbutton, you need to use showWhenRendered="#{not (facesContext.maximumSeverity==null)}"

I see the problem clearly now. Yes, that is the correct answer in pure JSF submit terms. Thanks.
              I understood that I must search for the solution in other place. This is not the first time I have problems because of using RF AJAX forwarding mechanism.