6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2010 12:07 PM by jaikiran

Deployment failed using richfaces 3.3.3 and JSF2

marsim86

Hi,

I try to include in my project richfaces 3.3.3, I have followed next documents http://docs.jboss.org/richfaces/latest_3_3_X/en/devguide/html_single/ and http://community.jboss.org/wiki/RichFaces333andJSF20#comment-2787, but I can´t deploy my application.

I try out diferents options showed in both documents, but sice the moment I include the jar libraries,  it returns an error when I deploy, and I try to download some code examples, but the links don't work.

The application uses fecelets amd my server is JBOSS 6 M3.

I´ve attached the full log result, but I write the main error line:

2010-09-20 10:13:41,224 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/admin_sicof2b]] (ResourceContainer.invoker.nonDaemon-7) Excepción enviando evento inicializado de contexto a instancia de escuchador de clase org.jboss.web.jsf.integration.config.JBossMojarra20ConfigureListener: com.sun.faces.config.ConfigurationException: CONFIGURATION FAILED! org.apache.commons.digester.Digester from BaseClassLoader@10f7fc5{vfs:///C:/Desarrollo/jboss-6.0.0.20100721-M4/server/default/deploy/admin_sicof2b.war}
      at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigManager.initialize(ConfigManager.java:354) [:2.0.2-FCS]
      at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.contextInitialized(ConfigureListener.java:223) [:2.0.2-FCS]

This error appears with or without the <application> ...</application> line in faces-config.xml.

I also attach my web.xml and faces-config.xml files.  This application is almost empty, just only I put a managed bean and a xhtml file for test it (and when I can doploy it, I will go on adding my source files).

I will ve very grateful if somebody help me.

Thanks a lot.

• 1. Re: Deployment failed using richfaces 3.3.3 and JSF2
          marsim86

Realy nobody can help me?.  Nobody has gone through this pobrem ?  This is a basic project, and just only I return this ConfigurationExpcetion, but it don't retun the cause, so I just only can try diferent cofiguration options, but nothing at the moment.

Please somebody that works with JBoss and RichFaces, please send his web.xml, at least?

• 2. Re: Deployment failed using richfaces 3.3.3 and JSF2
            jaikiran

I'll move this to JSF forum, since the stacktrace looks related to that.  Someone there might be able to help.

• 3. Re: Deployment failed using richfaces 3.3.3 and JSF2
              marsim86

Thank,

I supposed that the problem was in deployment, as I cannot even deploy ...

• 4. Re: Deployment failed using richfaces 3.3.3 and JSF2
                jaikiran

By the way, if you are willing, you might want to give it a quick try against the latest release JBoss AS 6.0.0.M5 http://community.jboss.org/blogs/donnamishelly/2010/09/24/jboss-as-600m5-released

• 5. Re: Deployment failed using richfaces 3.3.3 and JSF2
                  marsim86

I have to work with M3, is the verision installed in production enviroment, and it coudn't be changed ...

• 6. Re: Deployment failed using richfaces 3.3.3 and JSF2
                    jaikiran

Just happened to see that you have attached a log file in your first post. Would have been easier and better if you had just posted the logs. Anyway, the root cause appears to be this:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.digester.Digester from BaseClassLoader@10f7fc5{vfs:///C:/Desarrollo/jboss-6.0.0.20100721-M4/server/default/deploy/admin_sicof2b.war}
                        at org.jboss.classloader.spi.base.BaseClassLoader.loadClass(BaseClassLoader.java:480) [jboss-classloader.jar:2.2.0.Alpha7]
                        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248) [:1.6.0_21]
                        at org.ajax4jsf.resource.ResourceBuilderImpl.registerConfig(ResourceBuilderImpl.java:171) [:3.3.3.Final]
                        at org.ajax4jsf.resource.ResourceBuilderImpl.registerResources(ResourceBuilderImpl.java:155) [:3.3.3.Final]
                        at org.ajax4jsf.resource.ResourceBuilderImpl.init(ResourceBuilderImpl.java:226) [:3.3.3.Final]
                        at org.ajax4jsf.renderkit.ChameleonRenderKitFactory.<init>(ChameleonRenderKitFactory.java:62) [:3.3.3.Final]
                        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) [:1.6.0_21]
                        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39) [:1.6.0_21]
                        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27) [:1.6.0_21]
                        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513) [:1.6.0_21]
                        at javax.faces.FactoryFinder.getImplGivenPreviousImpl(FactoryFinder.java:586) [:2.0.2-FCS]
                        at javax.faces.FactoryFinder.getImplementationInstance(FactoryFinder.java:472) [:2.0.2-FCS]
                        at javax.faces.FactoryFinder.access$400(FactoryFinder.java:139) [:2.0.2-FCS]
                        at javax.faces.FactoryFinder$FactoryManager.getFactory(FactoryFinder.java:796) [:2.0.2-FCS]
                        at javax.faces.FactoryFinder.getFactory(FactoryFinder.java:306) [:2.0.2-FCS]
                        at com.sun.faces.config.processor.FactoryConfigProcessor.verifyFactoriesExist(FactoryConfigProcessor.java:303) [:2.0.2-FCS]
                        at com.sun.faces.config.processor.FactoryConfigProcessor.process(FactoryConfigProcessor.java:220) [:2.0.2-FCS]
                        at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigManager.initialize(ConfigManager.java:335) [:2.0.2-FCS]
                        ... 92 more

So it looks like your application war file is missing a jar (or more) containing that class.