2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2011 6:01 AM by jcb001

configure charset in jboss

jcb001

Hi I have some pb with accents in JBOSS 5.0.

I have JSP and HTML in the application, the JSP have no pb but not the HTML.

The pages were encoded using cp1252 and they have french accents like éàè.

I can open any editor like notepad and see normal encoding.

The pb appears in the application :

When a page is HTML in jboss the accents are replaced by small square.

Using firebug the content type of the HTTP headerof the HTML page  indicate text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1

Now I rename the same file with jsp and it's OK

I load the page and no squares, every accents are OK.

Using firebug the content type of the HTTP headerof the JSP page  indicate text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1

There is no filter , the application use struts 1.0 .

The pb is only in jboss on linux, in local (XP french) no problem !

Some one can explain why by renaming a html in jsp all the accents are OK, with the same charset ???

Do you know how to configure the default char set in jboss ?

for me the instant solution will be renaming html in jsp, but I would like to understand because it seems something is not controlled (at my level)

Thanks for you answer.

• 1. Re: configure charset in jboss
          wolfgangknauf

Hi,

just to be sure: do you have this meta tag in the header of your HTML pages?

<html>
          <head>
              <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=Cp1252">

The files are stored in "Cp1252" on your disk I assume (using e.g. Eclipse to declare the correct encoding)?

Best regards

Wolfgang

• 2. Re: configure charset in jboss
            jcb001

Thanks for your answer in fact we had :

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

Anyway I found another bug with accents and jboss, juste for information it can be useful for some one :

it was relatited to the apache proxy, so we changed the configuration of AJP connector :

<Connector protocol="AJP/1.3" port="8009" address="${jboss.bind.address}"

redirectPort="8443" URIEncoding="UTF-8" />