4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2012 10:42 AM by bgrahambo

Seam runtime does not exist error but... it exists

daxxy

I had to rebuild my workspace, JBDS environment and I did it with the latest version of JBDS 3.0.1 GA.  I had a lot of "Problems" and resolved all but one that I can't figure out.

I have a seam project with 3 parts, assettag, assettag-ear, assettag-ejb.  I am getting this error on the assettag project:

Seam Runtime "seam" specified for Seam project "assettag" does not exist.

It is a bold-faced LIE!  :-) 

The "seam" runtime does exist for Seam project "assettag".  I've recreated that runtime, added another runtime, restarted, deleted, re-added, etc. and this error will not go away no matter what I do.  I believe it is related to some other Property on this project or one of the related projects.  Just to prove it I'm attaching a screen shot of the Seam Settings.

What else might influence this project so that it would produce this error?

TDR

• 1. Re: Seam runtime does not exist error but... it exists
          akazakov
          Did you create your projects via New Web Seam Project wizard?
          TW there is "new seam runtime"
          on the screenshot instead of "seam" but I guess it's because you changed when was trying to get rid of this error.
          Try to /assettag/.settings/org.jboss.tools.seam.core.prefs

I can't reproduce it in JBT 3.2.0 (JBDS 4)

Did you create your projects via New Web Seam Project wizard?TW there is "new seam runtime" on the screenshot instead of "seam" but I guess it's because you changed when was trying to get rid of this error.Did you create your projects via New Web Seam Project wizard?

BTW there is "new seam runtime" on the screenshot instead of "seam" but I guess it's because you changed when was trying to get rid of this error.

Could you show your /assettag/.settings/org.jboss.tools.seam.core.prefs ?

And you can disable this validation in Preferences->JBoss Tools->Web->Seam->Validator->Project Settings->Ignore

• 2. Re: Seam runtime does not exist error but... it exists
            daxxy

This project was created via the seam project wizard, but it was a rev or two ago of JBDS and I have no idea whether it was with the "new" seam project wizard.  Yes, "new seam runtime" is the the new runtime I added in trying to get rid of this error.

I had this problem with another project, and changing something else in one of the 3 related projects fixed it, but I can't remember what I did!

Here is my org.jboss.tools.seam.core.prefs.  FYI I just changed it back to "seam" so that's what's in this file

#Fri Oct 15 05:14:32 GMT-05:00 2010
            action.package=dne.nib.assettag.action
            action.sources=/assettag-ejb/ejbModule
            eclipse.preferences.version=1
            model.package=dne.nib.assettag.model
            model.sources=/assettag-ejb/ejbModule
            seam.ear.project=assettag-ear
            seam.ejb.project=assettag-ejb
            seam.project.connection.profile=Local MySQL
            seam.project.deployment.type=ear
            seam.project.settings.version=1.1
            seam.project.web.root.folder=/assettag/WebContent
            seam.runtime.name=seam
            seam.settings.changed.by.user=true
            seam.test.creating=false
            seam.test.project=assettag-test
            test.package=org.domain.assettag.test
            test.sources=/assettag-test/test-src

• 3. Re: Seam runtime does not exist error but... it exists
              daxxy

Oh, and I changed the validator setting to Warning. I figured I'd like to know if I inadvertantly fix it, but I don't want it to hang up the build.

• 4. Re: Seam runtime does not exist error but... it exists
                bgrahambo

In case anyone else stumbles onto this old thread (seems to be the only one on google search), I managed to fix this issue by simply removing the offending project from my eclipse workspace (not deleting it from disk), then importing it back in.  May not work for everyone, but it worked for me.