2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2010 2:18 PM by ohughes

Configure HornetQ Through API

ohughes

I have a requirement to store the configuration of HornetQ inside our database (don't ask why), and what I would like to know, is, is it possible to configure HornetQ through some kind of API once I am connected to it?

What I primarily want to configure first of all, is such things as the queues themselves, if they are durable, etc., then at a later date, I want to be able to configure more advanced features such as forwarding rules, clustering, etc.

One option I could have is to manipulate the configuration file directly, or even generate it, and then let the server pick up the configuration when it launches, but this could be error prone when dealing with upgrades.

Any thoughts/suggestions around this topic?

Thanks

Osh

• 1. Re: Configure HornetQ Through API
          ataylor

all resources JMS and core can be created via the Managament API, theres a few examples showing this. As far as the HornetQ Server Configuration goes you could write your own implementation of the Configuration interface and replace our FileConfiguration implementation in the hornetq-jboss-beans.xml file.

• 2. Re: Configure HornetQ Through API
            ohughes

Ok,  when I get a chance, I'll investigate this route and report back, but thanks for the tip, I'm sure it will be what I'm looking for.