0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2010 10:21 AM by khookguy12

Cannot Start NamingBeanImpl on Mac OSX 10.6.4

khookguy12

For unit testing, I need to start NamingBeanImpl as a standalone service (without starting my container - JBoss AS 5.1.0.GA).  I cannot get it to work on my Mac OSX 10.6.4.

Specifically, I'm trying to implement unit tests (TestNG) with HornetQ standalone with Spring, and have followed various tutorials.

(e.g., http://www.javacodegeeks.com/2010/06/spring-3-hornetq-21-integration.html)

I cannot get org.jnp.server.NamingBeanImpl to start.  Gives me:

Caused  by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server  /127.0.0.1:1099 [Root exception is  javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server  /127.0.0.1:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection  refused]]

However, if JBoss is running in a separate JVM, then I have no problems starting NamingBeanImpl

I have this in Spring:

<bean name="namingServerImpl" class="org.jnp.server.NamingBeanImpl"
              init-method="start" destroy-method="stop"/>

I've also tried a basic test like this:

NamingBeanImpl jnpServer = new NamingBeanImpl();

jnpServer.start();

Again, when JBoss is running elsewhere, it works.  Otherwise, I get the "Connection Refused" exception.

JNDI is set up with jndi.properties -

java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
      java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces
      java.naming.provider.url=jnp://127.0.0.1:1099

I've  also tried starting the rmiregistry in a separate JVM.  (Since I seem  to recall that sometimes on OS X, this is necessary).  Then the  NamingBeanImpl hangs.  Do I also need to start something else on port  1098?

Any help would be much appreciated!!