2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2010 11:39 AM by jeanluc

How to disable PicketLink/SSO (in a dev environment)?

jeanluc

I'm looking for an elegant way to turn off PicketLink and SSO when needed. In my case, this is needed in the development and some testing environments (to remove the dependency on an external LDAP and OpenSSO server). The application would fall back to the built-in Seam authentication.

Ideally, this would be a property which decides whether the application is built with or without SSO enabled. However, very acceptable as well is a local change to be made by developers who need to disable SSO. For instance, commenting out something from an XML or Java source.

Since PicketLink is started automatically (through Seam), I'm not sure how I can control this process.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

JL

• 1. Re: How to disable PicketLink/SSO (in a dev environment)?
          marcelkolsteren

My suggestion for solving this depends on whether you use a default identity provider or a user-selected identity provider.

- If you use a default identity provider, you can remove the defaultIdentityProvider attribute from the SamlConfig element of your external-authentication-config.xml. The user will then be redirected to the login-view-id (specified in pages.xml) if she tries to access a page for which she needs to be logged in. On that page (which you need to create for that purpose) the user can be authenticated with built-in Seam authentication.

- If you don't use a default identity provider, you already have a login screen where the user can choose her identity provider. You could add an option on that screen to login with a development/test user (using built in Seam authentication: #{identity.login()}). That option is enabled only if the environment is a development or test environment.

• 2. Re: How to disable PicketLink/SSO (in a dev environment)?
            jeanluc

Excellent. My case is the first in your list. Thank you.