4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2010 8:19 AM by sunay

Does ListShuttle has performance issue in richfaces 3.3.1 GA?

sunay

Hello All,

I am using rich:listShuttle for showing components which are comming from the database. I am using Hibernate as ORM, so my beans are feeled by hibenrate . I am loding collection which may arbitrary 150 items. now at the time of rendering , as well as at the time of saving my form it takes so much time.

I am also using converter that convert my object to string and string to object .

If i remove my list shuttle , performance is too good, but if it is there, it becomes too slow.

I have checked this performance problem in both ie and firefox. plese let me know about this control performance. any idea would save my day

Thanks

Sunay

• 1. Re: Does ListShuttle has performance issue in richfaces 3.3.1 GA?
          sunay

No one to answer this

Thanks

Sunay

• 2. Re: Does ListShuttle has performance issue in richfaces 3.3.1 GA?
            ilya_shaikovsky

need to check where the time spent. At least client side or server side. And if server side - which method are more time consuming? I mean - there could be time consumptions in rendering methods but maybe much time spent on fetching the data from db? In general it's difficult to provide suggestions according to just "slow working" description sorry So check in some profiler.

• 3. Re: Does ListShuttle has performance issue in richfaces 3.3.1 GA?
              sunay

Hello Ilya,

Once again its nice to see your reply. After your post , i debug the whole code and i found that , at the time of rendering My Converter for the list shuttle is taking too much time , as well at the time of saving my covnerter took too much time in getAsObject method. In getAsString mehod of converter also taking too much time at the time of rendering . i don't understand about the performance issue because getAsString mehtod is two line of code which is reading name and type of the component and return back .

I even check with a4j:log component, it ommits thosands of line in log at once, having different hidden variables used by list shuttle. may be this could be a problem , let me go insight  more and will update if some solution would be there

Once again too many thanks

Thanks

Sunay

• 4. Re: Does ListShuttle has performance issue in richfaces 3.3.1 GA?
                sunay

Thanks Ilya,

Problem at server side , i was loading the list having 4000 objects , which was wrong at my side and give me the performance issue , i just changed my implementation at server side and at database side , issue is resolved at my side

Thank you very much

Wirh Regards

Sunay