1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 30, 2010 4:47 AM by izgur

JBoss WS behind firewall

izgur

I have the Jboss 5.1, ESB 4.8 and RiftSaw 2.1.

My server is now behind a firewall, the intern IP is x.x.3.15, my extern(public) IP is y.y.180.226.

LOCAL IP (FIREWALL exposes it to public)

If I run.sh _Djboss.bind.address=x.x.3.15, my server starts and IS WORKING. My firewall in configured to forward the y.y.180:226:9000 port to the x.x.3.15:9000 port, so I see my JBoss from public. The problem is I'm exposing Web services through BPEL. When I deploy the BPEL project, JBoss inserts some lines to the WSDL(can i control thjis lines? insert somewhere by hand?) by himself. Like this: <soap:address location="http://x.x.3.15:9000/xStringProject"/>.

So Jboss inserts my local IP port, which can't be accessed from a public IP -> my BPEL Web Service doesn't work.

How can I solve this problem ?

1. make JBoss insert the public IP ??? Somewhere inserted by hand?   Because I can see the WSDL exposed, but when calling it goes searching the local ip

Can somebody do that ?

2. run JBoss with _Djboss.bind.address=y.y.180.226:9000 (public IP). Then RMI fails. I couldn't make it work on public IP !

What's the right way setting up JBoss behind FIREWALL ?

Thanks in advance!

BR, Igor!

• 1. Re: JBoss WS behind firewall
          izgur

Can I make insert publicIP(example:192.188.22.22) to the WSDL copying it do the deploy directory (when JBoss inserts the address location, imports) altought it is running on localIP(example:122.22.3.15 = jboss.bind.address) ??