2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2010 7:58 AM by ohughes

Message Delivery During Testing

ohughes

Hi,

I have a test suite that I have written which is using an embedded version of HornetQ.  What I would like to achieve, is that when I post a message through the embedded server, the client who sent the message waits for the message to be received and the processing completed.

I am unsure if this is to do with acknowledgement?  Or if there are any settings I can set on the ClientSessionFactory to ensure that the sender waits for the processing of the message to complete.

I am using 2.1.2.Final, and using the core API of HornetQ i.e. the MessageListener.

Thanks for any tips in advance.

Osian

• 1. Re: Message Delivery During Testing
          ataylor

that goes against everything that a asynchronous messaging system should do. The sending and receiving are decoupled, hence the word asynchronous. your probably using the wrong technology for what you want to acheive

• 2. Re: Message Delivery During Testing
            ohughes

Hi Andy,

I have found a way around this to do what I want to do, and that is to bypass the Messaging section :-)

I was just checking to see if it is possible to have the client wait until the message has been completely processed, but if it is 100% asynchronous and 0% synchronous possibilities, then no problem.

Thanks for the advice.