0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2009 4:35 AM by shino

First click doesn't register (no matter where)

shino

Hi there,
      for some days now, I have a strange problem with the addressbook portlet I'm working on (JSF 1.2, Richfaces 3.3.0, Liferay):
      The first click, no matter what component is clicked, does nothing.
      Just an example: I have a datatable that holds addresses with a datascroller and editable rows.
      Upon double-click on a row, a modalpanel is opened, showing the data of the current row. If I double-click on a row, the modalpanel shows up, but the selectedAddress property of my backing is never set (I've set a breakpoint my debugger, but it is not reached). If I close the modalpanel and try again, the setter function gets called and it works. The same goes for the datascroller, first click: nothing, second click: fine.
      But it isn't a component specific problem, for example, when I click on the datascroller first and double click on a row afterwards, the selectedAddress property is set and the data is displayed. When I double click on a row first and use the datascroller afterwards, the datascroller works.
      I have no idea where to start looking for the source of the problem =/

here is some a4j:log output from the first and the second click on page number two for the datascroller:
      in order to not to mess up my own thread with the rather large log output I uploaded two logfiles here:
      First click on page nr.2 of datascroller
      http://www.fileuploadx.de/929372

Second click on page nr.2 of datascroller
      http://www.fileuploadx.de/236033

compared to the second, the first response ends almost in the middle.. does anyone know what this means or where my problem could come from? Just a few days ago, before I switched to an extendedDataModel in order to get the data from a webservice, everything worked fine, but somehow I have my doubts that the datamodel change is directly connected to my problem.

thanks in advance for your help
      best regards
      Chris