2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2010 12:37 PM by lfryc

RF4 - rich:tree - toggling modes and events

lfryc

I have following problems with rich:tree:

1. there are only one event handler for node toggling: @onnodetoggle - but it will be more useful to have also 2 separated event handlers @onnodeexpand, @onnodecollapse (incl. their onbefore- variants)
      2. The tree in @mode=ajax needs to be rendered from server, but I cannot imagine scenario where developer really needs to collapse the node and request this from server (request is needed only for expading) - as the solution I propose to introduce new mode ajax-expanding.
        • 1. Re: RF4 - rich:tree - toggling modes and events
          nbelaevski

Hi Lukas,

1. there are only one event handler for node toggling: @onnodetoggle - but it will be more useful to have also 2 separated event handlers @onnodeexpand, @onnodecollapse (incl. their onbefore- variants)

We've discussed this with Ilya also and decided to leave a single attribute.

1. The tree in @mode=ajax needs to be rendered from server, but I cannot imagine scenario where developer really needs to collapse the node and request this from server (request is needed only for expading) - as the solution I propose to introduce new mode ajax-expanding.

This can be used to trigger server-side listeners. Anyway, we can add one more mode - please add JIRA RFC and we'll discuss. 

• 2. Re: RF4 - rich:tree - toggling modes and events
            lfryc
            2. The tree in @mode=ajax needs to be rendered from server, but I cannot imagine scenario where developer really needs to collapse the node and request this from server (request is needed only for expading) - as the solution I propose to introduce new mode ajax-expanding.

This can be used to trigger server-side listeners. Anyway, we can add one more mode - please add JIRA RFC and we'll discuss. 

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/RF-10016

If you are sure no other situation than triggering nodeToggleListener is considerable, we can use it for optimization and don't fire requests when nodeToggleListener not specified and mode=ajax/server.