1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 4, 2011 8:16 PM by kcbabo

deployment.xml

david.escandell

I am working with the deployment.xml and am having issues finding documentation specifying what goes in there and what it does.

My file essentially looks like the following...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
      <jbossesb-deployment>
      <depends>jboss.esb:deployment=jbrules.esb</depends>

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<jbossesb-deployment>

<depends>jboss.esb:deployment=jbrules.esb</depends>

<queue name="famc_imaging_request_completed_GW">

<entry name="queue/famc_imaging_request_completed_GW"/>

</queue>

</jbossesb-deployment>

in this file, does the <queue> element actually cause the queue to be created?  Or does it declare a dependency on that queue, waiting to continue esb deployment until it is created?

I have tried adding a <depends> element for each queue, but I only get UNRESOLVED Demands errors in my logs.

e.g. <depends>destination:service=Queue,name=famc_imaging_small_to_png_conversion_out</depends>

Is there some definitive documentation for this file and how it should be used?  That would likely help me on my way.

Thanks

• 1. Re: deployment.xml
          kcbabo

Which version of JBoss ESB are you using?

The queues referenced in deployment.xml serve only as dependencies for your deployment.  You will need to deploy the queue via a separate descriptor.  Check out the helloworld Quickstart for an example of what this looks like.

I'm not aware of a definitive document on the subject, but between our quickstarts and the following two links you should get an idea of how it comes together.

Getting Started Guide

Forum Reference