3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2009 3:10 PM by fischman_98

MyFaces and RichFaces Compatibility Matrix

fischman_98

Is there a Compatibility Matrix for MyFaces and RichFaces?

Specifically, what's the most recent RichFaces version that is compatibile with the latest Myfaces Core 1.1.6 Release?

I'm using richfaces-xxx-3.1.6.SR1 and it is working. Is this the latest I can use with Myfaces 1.1.x before having to go to 1.2.x?

When does richfaces require Myfaces Core 1.2.X Releases?

Thank you.

Matt

• 1. Re: MyFaces and RichFaces Compatibility Matrix

Hi Matt, only my personal experience with MyFace and RF.

I'm currently developing an application with MyFace and the latest RF release. But I use MyFace only as JSF-Implementation and don't use other MyFace components.

Previously I've tried to integrate Tomahawk. Especially the Scheduler from this component was my reason to integrate it. Currently I've removed it, because I've read, that there could be problems with the prototype.js from Tomahawk and RF. But I know that there are a workaround (=upgrading prototype.js from Tomahawk).

Only one other topic I've found was the internationalization. I've had a problem with combobox containing german words with umlaut. For this problem I've found a workaround, but I've also recognized that using the Sun RI for JSF doesn't need my workaround.

For my application everything works with this two frameworks. I use a lot of the RF-components e.g. datatable, ajax-components, input-elements, calendar (there is one open issue for me with selecting hours, but I'vent found the time to do deeper research on this issue), and other element....

But I know that there is a gap between RF 3.1.6 and the latest RF.
          My suggestion just give it a try. Change the RF-Framework (normally only switching libs and maybe configuring web.xml) and play with your application.......this will be the best in your case, than you'll know for sure, if it works for you or not....8-}

regards
          rschoeler

• 2. Re: MyFaces and RichFaces Compatibility Matrix
            nbelaevski

Hi Matt,

"fischman_98" wrote:
            Is there a Compatibility Matrix for MyFaces and RichFaces?

MyFaces is JSF standard implementation and RF is JSF extension, that's the difference. There are several components set released by MyFaces project: which one are you referring to: Tomahawk or another one?

"fischman_98" wrote:
            Specifically, what's the most recent RichFaces version that is compatibile with the latest Myfaces Core 1.1.6 Release?

I'm using richfaces-xxx-3.1.6.SR1 and it is working. Is this the latest I can use with Myfaces 1.1.x before having to go to 1.2.x?

Yes, it's the latest.

"fischman_98" wrote:
            When does richfaces require Myfaces Core 1.2.X Releases?

See the first answer.

• 3. Re: MyFaces and RichFaces Compatibility Matrix
              fischman_98

To All:

Thank you for your replies. Quoted below is what I was looking for...I received this information from exadel.

RichFaces 3.1.6 would be the latest version to use with MyFaces 1.1.6.

If you upgrade to MyFaces 1.2.x, then you can use RichFaces 3.3.1 .

Matt