3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2011 2:12 AM by uestc

problem about Management appliance and RHQ

uestc

now I have 2 back-end appliance ,one front-end appliance and  one management appliance.they are all run successfully.

by default I go to the page"http://management-appliance-ip:7080",I hope I can find the two back-end appliance in the "Dashboard" auto discovery .but I  was disappointed

then I go to the two separate back-end appliance and configure the RHQ agent configure file ,replace the "rhq.agent.server.bind-address 127.0.0.1" with the management-appliance-ip .and restart all the appliance but the result is as the same

what is the problem with this?

• 1. Re: problem about Management appliance and RHQ
          lazo

Thanks for your questions Edwin and of course for your answers Marek, they led me to the same point as you Edwin.

Have you solved the problem ?

In my boot log (/var/log/boot.log) of management appliance and back end appliance I have an error message:

Starting sshd:                                             [  OK  ]
          Starting postgresql service:                               [  OK  ]
          Starting exim:                                             [  OK  ]
          Starting cirras-management:                                [  OK  ]
          Starting crond:                                            [  OK  ]
          Trying to start the RHQ Server...
          RHQ Server (pid 839) is starting
          /opt/rhq-agent-3.0.0.B03/bin/rhq-agent-wrapper.sh: line 125: cd: ../init.d: No such file or directory
          Starting RHQ Agent...
          RHQ Agent (pid 901) is running
          Starting cirras-management: /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thin-1.2.5/lib/thin/daemonizing.rb:165:in `remove_stale_pid_file': /var/lock/cirras-manageme                               nt.pid already exists, seems like it's already running (process ID: 798). Stop the process or delete /var/lock/cirras-management.pid. (Thin::PidFile                               Exist)
                  from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thin-1.2.5/lib/thin/daemonizing.rb:40:in `daemonize'
                  from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thin-1.2.5/lib/thin/controllers/controller.rb:55:in `start'
                  from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thin-1.2.5/lib/thin/runner.rb:177:in `send'
                  from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thin-1.2.5/lib/thin/runner.rb:177:in `run_command'
                  from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thin-1.2.5/lib/thin/runner.rb:143:in `run!'
                  from thin:9
                                                                     [FAILED]

Tried to delete pid file, but message reappears when I restart the appliance.

Trying to start the RHQ Server...
          RHQ Server (pid 839) is starting
          /opt/rhq-agent-3.0.0.B03/bin/rhq-agent-wrapper.sh: line 125: cd: ../init.d: No such file or directory
          Starting RHQ Agent...
          RHQ Agent (pid 901) is running
          Starting cirras-management: /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thin-1.2.5/lib/thin/daemonizing.rb:165:in `remove_stale_pid_file': /var/lock/cirras-manageme                               nt.pid already exists, seems like it's already running (process ID: 798). Stop the process or delete /var/lock/cirras-management.pid. (Thin::PidFile                               Exist)
                  from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thin-1.2.5/lib/thin/daemonizing.rb:40:in `daemonize'
                  from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thin-1.2.5/lib/thin/controllers/controller.rb:55:in `start'
                  from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thin-1.2.5/lib/thin/runner.rb:177:in `send'
                  from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thin-1.2.5/lib/thin/runner.rb:177:in `run_command'
                  from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thin-1.2.5/lib/thin/runner.rb:143:in `run!'
                  from thin:9
                                                                     [FAILED]

• 2. Re: problem about Management appliance and RHQ
            uestc

thanks sir

I do not have some progress now ,these two days I went to the RHQ project page and learn something about the RHQ SERVER  and  agent

then I want to do some configuring about the agent on the back-end appliance and the server on the management appliance

Hope I could make it done

• 3. problem about Management appliance and RHQ
              uestc

you can find these instructions  from this site :http://cloudpress.org/2010/02/24/cirras-1-0-0-beta2/

How it works?

1On management appliance RHQ server is started and reconfigured for your environment,

2RHQ agent on every node is reconfigured so it will know where RHQ server is located.

3On every node RHQ agent starts and connects to RHQ server.

4Every discovered service by RHQ agent is submitted to RHQ server.

5Discovered services are hold in Auto-discovery queue.

6A script is importing every discovered Apache HTTPD server and JBoss AS into RHQ inventory.

From these instructions  we could learn something what we can do

At the same time  you could follow this site :http://rhq-project.org/display/JOPR2/Running+the+RHQ+Server

and find some RHQ user guide

hope these can help you