Come on folks - there must be a way to remove the classic????
you need to set another portal than "classic" as default portal in the XML configuration file portal.war/WEB-INF/conf/portal/portal-configuration.xml :
<value-param> <name>default.portal</name> <description>The default portal for checking db is empty or not</description> <value>classic</value> </value-param>
The portal admin checks if the name of the portal is the default portal and does not provide the option to remove it for safety reasons.
1. Logon as admin
2. Click on "Site" from the top navigation
3. Click on "Add New Portal" button and go through the steps in creating a new site
4. Stop JBoss Portal
5. Edit the ..../02portal.war/WEB-INF/conf/portal/portal-configuration.xml
6. Search for: default.portal and you will find in two nodes below the value is listed as classic.
7. Change the value of classic to the new portal name that you created in step 3.
8. Restart the portal