1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 28, 2011 5:19 AM by tfennelly

Changing the database to Oracle-Problem

dnyanesh.ginde

Hello,

I am using JBoss AS 5.1.09(jdk 1.6 version) with JBoss ESB 4.9 deployed on the JBoss AS. When I test the quickstart "bpm_orchestration2" using the default HSQL DB everything seems to work fine and I get the desired output as given in readme.txt.

Now I change the database to Oracle(Oracle XE) by following the steps mentioned below:

Switching database from HSQLDB to Oracle:

1) Remove deploy/hsqldb-ds.xml and add the following in a file named deploy/oracle-ds.

xml:

2) Replace deploy/jbossesb-registry.sar/juddi-ds.xml with the same configuration in

the previous step (change the database name if needed).

Make sure to keep the jndi-name(juddiDB).

3) Replace deploy/jbossesb.esb/message-store-ds.xml with the same configuration in

step one (change the database).

Again make sure the keep the jndi-name(JBossESBDS).

4) Replace the database name in the 'message-store-sql' element in deploy/jbossesb.esb/

jbossesb-service.xml.

5) Edit jbossesb-registry.sar/juddi_config/META-INF/persistence.xml. The hibernate.dialect property

must be set to "org.hibernate.dialect.OracleDialect".

6) Replace deploy/messaging/hsqldb-persistence-service.xml with the

oracle-persistence-service.xml.

7) Copy ojdbc14.jar to servers lib directory.

Now change the database for jbpm:

1) Change the dialect in deploy/jbpm.esb/hibernate.cfg.xml to <property name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.OracleDialect</property>

2) Change the local datasource in deploy/jbpm.esb/jbpm-ds.xml.

3) Change the sql file name in deploy/jbpm.esb/jbpm-service.xml to jbpm-sql/jbpm.jpdl.oracle.sql.

When I start the server I can see no errors and all the tables have been created in the Oracle XE Database.

I change the "dbstore" values to point to my new DB in the jbossesb-properties.xml of the quickstart "bpm_orchestration2".

Then I test the quickstart "bpm_orchestration2" as given in readme.txt.

The ant deploy and ant deployProcess seem to work fine and I can see the deployed process in jbpm-console.

The ant startProcess also seems to work fine however when I look at the server console I get the following exception:

[STDOUT] (pool-21-thread-1) Message structure: 
      2011-01-26 15:51:00,009 INFO  [STDOUT] (pool-21-thread-1) [ message: [ JBOSS_XML ]
      header: [ To: JMSEpr [ PortReference < <wsa:Address jms:127.0.0.1:1099#queue/quickstart_bpm_orchestration2_start_Request_esb/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:java.naming.factory.initial : org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:java.naming.provider.url : 127.0.0.1:1099/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:java.naming.factory.url.pkgs : org.jnp.interfaces/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:destination-type : queue/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:destination-name : queue/quickstart_bpm_orchestration2_start_Request_esb/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:specification-version : 1.1/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:connection-factory : ConnectionFactory/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:persistent : true/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:acknowledge-mode : AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:transacted : false/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:type : urn:jboss/esb/epr/type/jms/> > ] MessageID: 3cea41a8-2dca-49bc-87b9-7f163fca54ae RelatesTo: jms:correlationID#3cea41a8-2dca-49bc-87b9-7f163fca54ae ]
      context: {}
      body: [ objects: {org.jboss.soa.esb.message.defaultEntry=Getting Started} ]
      fault: [  ]
      attachments: [ Named:{}, Unnamed:[] ]
      properties: [ {org.jboss.soa.esb.message.transport.type=Deferred serialized value: f5c6d8, org.jboss.soa.esb.message.byte.size=2875, jboss.esb:category=MessageCounter,deployment=Quickstart_bpm_orchestration2.esb,service-category=BPM_Orchestration2_Starter_Service,service-name=Starter_ServiceTime=336495, javax.jms.message.redelivered=false, org.jboss.soa.esb.gateway.original.queue.name=Deferred serialized value: 1d1b039, org.jboss.soa.esb.message.source=Deferred serialized value: 1889305} ] ]
      2011-01-26 15:51:00,567 INFO  [STDOUT] (pool-21-thread-1) Message structure: 
      2011-01-26 15:51:00,567 INFO  [STDOUT] (pool-21-thread-1) [ message: [ JBOSS_XML ]
      header: [ To: JMSEpr [ PortReference < <wsa:Address jms:127.0.0.1:1099#queue/quickstart_bpm_orchestration2_start_Request_esb/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:java.naming.factory.initial : org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:java.naming.provider.url : 127.0.0.1:1099/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:java.naming.factory.url.pkgs : org.jnp.interfaces/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:destination-type : queue/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:destination-name : queue/quickstart_bpm_orchestration2_start_Request_esb/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:specification-version : 1.1/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:connection-factory : ConnectionFactory/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:persistent : true/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:acknowledge-mode : AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:transacted : false/>, <wsa:ReferenceProperties jbossesb:type : urn:jboss/esb/epr/type/jms/> > ] MessageID: 3cea41a8-2dca-49bc-87b9-7f163fca54ae RelatesTo: jms:correlationID#3cea41a8-2dca-49bc-87b9-7f163fca54ae ]
      context: {}
      body: [ objects: {org.jboss.soa.esb.message.defaultEntry=Getting Started, jbpmProcessInstId=50, jbpmProcessDefName=bpm_orchestration2Process, jbpmCommandCode=StartProcessInstanceCommand, jbpmVariableMappings={theBody=Getting Started}} ]
      fault: [  ]
      attachments: [ Named:{}, Unnamed:[] ]
      properties: [ {org.jboss.soa.esb.message.transport.type=Deferred serialized value: f5c6d8, org.jboss.soa.esb.message.byte.size=2875, jboss.esb:category=MessageCounter,deployment=Quickstart_bpm_orchestration2.esb,service-category=BPM_Orchestration2_Starter_Service,service-name=Starter_ServiceTime=560079353, javax.jms.message.redelivered=false, org.jboss.soa.esb.gateway.original.queue.name=Deferred serialized value: 1d1b039, org.jboss.soa.esb.message.source=Deferred serialized value: 1889305} ] ]
      2011-01-26 15:51:00,650 ERROR [org.jbpm.graph.def.GraphElement] (JbpmJobExector:192.168.0.100:1) action threw exception: null
      java.lang.NullPointerException
                at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
                at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)
                at org.jbpm.instantiation.Delegation.instantiate(Delegation.java:162)
                at org.jbpm.instantiation.Delegation.getInstance(Delegation.java:126)
                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                at org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.javassist.JavassistLazyInitializer.invoke(JavassistLazyInitializer.java:197)
                at org.jbpm.instantiation.Delegation_$$_javassist_57.getInstance(Delegation_$$_javassist_57.java)
                at org.jbpm.graph.def.Action.execute(Action.java:136)
                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                at org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.javassist.JavassistLazyInitializer.invoke(JavassistLazyInitializer.java:197)
                at org.jbpm.graph.def.Action_$$_javassist_80.execute(Action_$$_javassist_80.java)
                at org.jbpm.graph.def.GraphElement.executeAction(GraphElement.java:280)
                at org.jbpm.graph.def.Node_$$_javassist_127.executeAction(Node_$$_javassist_127.java)
                at org.jbpm.job.ExecuteActionJob.execute(ExecuteActionJob.java:33)
                at org.jbpm.job.executor.JobExecutorThread.executeJob(JobExecutorThread.java:172)
                at org.jbpm.job.executor.JobExecutorThread.run(JobExecutorThread.java:63)

Can anybody please help me know what is wrong? Why is it working fine in HSQLDB and not in Oracle?

Thanks & Regards,

Dnyanesh Ginde

• 1. Changing the database to Oracle-Problem
          tfennelly

Can you try one of th other quickstarts and see if they work.  That will at least tell if the core ESB is working properly (or not) with your oracle setup.  If some of the other quickstarts work OK, then it may be something specific to that jbpm quickstart and how it works with oracle.

You could always get the jbpm code, hook up a debugger and try see what's happening (put a breakpoint at org.jbpm.graph.def.Action.execute(Action.java:136)).