1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 1, 2011 3:43 PM by Felix Sima

    Ajax response and accented characters

    Felix Sima Newbie

      Hello.


        I am using richfaces to build my application. Using the <a4j:log/> tag, I can see that  the ajax responses containing accented characters (italian characters) give errors during the parsing of xml


      error[16:05:47,851]: Error parsing XML
      error[16:05:47,851]: Parse Error: Document is empty


      The same request/response, using data without accented characters works fine. The document is NOT empty.


      The content-type of the response is  "Response with content-type: text/xml;charset=UTF-8"
      I have checked using XMLSpy that the response is a well formed xml file.


         Any idee how to fix this error?
         Any help will be highly appreciated.
         Thank you.


      Best regards,
      Felix

        • 1. Ajax response and accented characters
          Felix Sima Newbie

           

          Hello

           

          I have found the problem and its solution.
          The accented characters were represented by the HTML's special symbols (à, è, etc). But in XML "&" is a reference to an entity. Those entities were not defined in my xml. The solution was to prepend their definition to my xml, like this:

           

          <!DOCTYPE newsletter [
          ><!ENTITY nbsp " ">
          <!ENTITY lt "<">
          <!ENTITY igrave "ì">
          ...

          myxml

           

          Best regards,
          Felix