2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2011 9:42 AM by Umesh Sharma

Error trying to run Errai 1.1-Final Examples under JBoss AS 5.1

Umesh Sharma Newbie

Hi all,

I need some help. I've was trying to get Errai 1.1-Final HelloWorld Example to run for me under JBoss AS 5.1 (JDK6). The example runs just fine when you run it under Jetty via "mvn gwt:run". However, executing "mvn package" and dropping the subsequent war under server/default/deploy seems to give the following error (snippet)

Caused by: LifecycleException:  Error initializaing :  javax.management.ReflectionException: Cannot find method addChild with this signature
                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4150)
                at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeployInternal(TomcatDeployment.java:310)
                ... 66 more
      18:57:06,962 INFO  [TomcatDeployment] deploy, ctxPath=/jmx-console
      18:57:07,034 ERROR [ProfileServiceBootstrap] Failed to load profile: Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS):

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
        Deployment "vfszip:/Users/usharma/Documents/code/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/errai-bus-demos-helloworld-1.1-Final.war/" is in error due to the following reason(s): LifecycleException:  Error initializaing :  javax.management.ReflectionException: Cannot find method addChild with this signature

I am attaching the entire log as well. Has anyone encountered this?

cheers

umesh

• 1. Re: Error trying to run Errai 1.1-Final Examples under JBoss AS 5.1
          Umesh Sharma Newbie

So a minor update. I imported the project under Eclipse and converted it using the m2eclipse plugin to get everything setup. I added a jboss-web.xml under the WEB-INF folder to set the context path

<jboss-web>
            <context-root>HelloWorld</context-root>
          </jboss-web>

Now I do not see the exception anymore, however in the logs I see that the HelloWorld service is no longer discovered.

17:21:54,663 INFO  [TomcatDeployment] deploy, ctxPath=/HelloWorld
          17:21:54,831 ERROR [STDERR] SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
          17:21:54,831 ERROR [STDERR] SLF4J: Found binding in [vfszip:/Users/usharma/Documents/code/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.core/JBoss_5.1_Runtime_Server_Demos/deploy/errai-bus-demos-helloworld.war/WEB-INF/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.5.10.jar/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
          17:21:54,832 ERROR [STDERR] SLF4J: Found binding in [vfszip:/Users/usharma/Documents/code/jboss-5.1.0.GA/common/lib/slf4j-jboss-logging.jar/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
          17:21:54,832 ERROR [STDERR] SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
          17:21:56,141 ERROR [STDERR] INFO [OrderedBootstrap] Bootstrap Errai
          17:21:56,151 ERROR [STDERR] INFO [DefaultComponents] using dispatcher implementation: org.jboss.errai.bus.server.SimpleDispatcher
          17:21:56,159 ERROR [STDERR] INFO [DefaultComponents] using session provider implementation: org.jboss.errai.bus.server.HttpSessionProvider
          17:21:56,176 ERROR [STDERR] INFO [LoadExtensions] beging searching for Errai extensions ...
          17:21:56,184 ERROR [STDERR] INFO [LoadExtensions] found extension org.jboss.errai.tools.monitoring.MonitorExtension
          17:21:56,193 ERROR [STDERR] INFO [LoadExtensions] added extension binding: org.jboss.errai.bus.client.framework.ModelAdapter
          17:21:56,193 ERROR [STDERR] INFO [LoadExtensions] total extension binding: 1
          17:21:56,229 ERROR [STDERR] INFO [ServiceProcessor] discovered service: org.jboss.errai.tools.source.server.SourceViewService
          17:21:56,238 ERROR [STDERR] INFO [EntityProcessor] Checking ErraiApp.properties for configured types ...
          17:21:56,239 ERROR [STDERR] INFO [BootstrapContext] Running deferred bootstrap tasks ...
          17:21:56,239 ERROR [STDERR] INFO [OrderedBootstrap] Bootstrap complete. Ready to rumble!

Logging in and clicking on the button gives an error from Errai

No subscribers for: HelloWorld
          Additional details:
          Attempt to send message to subject for which there are no subscribers

Additional Details:

There were no Additional Details given.

Any help or tips would be appreciated!

• 2. Re: Error trying to run Errai 1.1-Final Examples under JBoss AS 5.1
            Umesh Sharma Newbie

So apparently looks like there is an issue with trying to deploy the war in an exploded form. When deploying it in a compressed form, things work fine and the services get discovered!