2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2011 11:55 AM by a.novarini

How to set a login configuration?

a.novarini

Hello,

Sorry for the dumb question, but I'm fairly new to this topic.

After some time "patching" ModeShape to run it into an OSGI container (Sling/Felix), I am now stuck at the following exception:

08.02.2011 17:14:47.677 *INFO* [Repository Pinger] com.sourcesense.stone.jcr.modeshape.server pingAndCheck; loginAdministrative failed (javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Unable to locate a login configuration) javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Unable to locate a login configuration

at org.apache.sling.jcr.base.AbstractSlingRepository.login(AbstractSlingRepository.java:250)

at org.apache.sling.jcr.base.AbstractSlingRepository.loginAdministrative(AbstractSlingRepository.java:180)

at org.apache.sling.jcr.base.AbstractSlingRepository.pingAndCheck(AbstractSlingRepository.java:517)

at org.apache.sling.jcr.base.AbstractSlingRepository.startRepository(AbstractSlingRepository.java:804)

at org.apache.sling.jcr.base.AbstractSlingRepository.run(AbstractSlingRepository.java:925)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to locate a login configuration

at com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.<init>(ConfigFile.java:93)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)

at javax.security.auth.login.Configuration$3.run(Configuration.java:247)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at javax.security.auth.login.Configuration.getConfiguration(Configuration.java:242)

at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$1.run(LoginContext.java:237)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.init(LoginContext.java:234)

at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.<init>(LoginContext.java:403)

at org.modeshape.graph.JaasSecurityContext.<init>(JaasSecurityContext.java:82)

at org.modeshape.jcr.JcrRepository.login(JcrRepository.java:1324)

at org.apache.sling.jcr.base.AbstractSlingRepository.login(AbstractSlingRepository.java:214)

... 5 more

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to locate a login configuration

at com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.init(ConfigFile.java:250)

at com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.<init>(ConfigFile.java:91)

... 21 more

Please can anyone explain me why this is happening and how to solve it? I guess the code is trying to load a configuration file, but I don't know where it is supposed to be or how you can tell where to look for.

Thank you in advance,

Ale

• 1. How to set a login configuration?
          rhauch

ModeShape uses JAAS for its authentication & authorization system, and it's looking for a JAAS installation but is unable to find one. See our Reference Guide for some information and links to the JBoss JAAS implementation.

There are a few other options for customization, however. What does Sling use for authentication & authorization? Does it rely upon the JCR implementation, or does it have its own?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. How to set a login configuration?
            a.novarini

Thanks Randall for the quick reply.

I did read the documentation, and I did as instructed writing a custom security context. That looked good until the Sling web console passed again a SimpleCredentials to the login method.

Basically, now the web console is broken, since no valid credentials can be passed to the login module and every function is under authentication.

I think that the only thing I can do now is a full reinstallation of the repository

I've also sent an email to the sling ml, I'll keep you informed about how the thing goes.

Thanks again

Ale