6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2011 6:47 PM by Lloyd Meinholz

    OnDemand apps not working with JBoss 6.0.0

    Lloyd Meinholz Newbie

      I am not able to access the OnDemand apps (/admin-console, /jmx-console, and /jbossws) when starting JBoss 6.0.0 unless I use the -Djboss.as.deployment.ondemand=false flag.

       

      I am using the standard profile. I have made minimal configuration changes. Is there something else I need to do to enable the OnDemand apps?

       

      Thanks.

        • 1. OnDemand apps not working with JBoss 6.0.0
          jaikiran pai Master

          Lloyd Meinholz wrote:

           


          I am using the standard profile. I have made minimal configuration changes. Is there something else I need to do to enable the OnDemand apps?

           

          Thanks.

          Copy the admin-console-activator-jboss-beans.xml, jmx-console-activator-jboss-beans.xml and jbossws-console-activator-jboss-beans.xml from JBOSS_HOME/server/all/deploy folder to JBOSS_HOME/server/standard/deploy folder.

          • 2. OnDemand apps not working with JBoss 6.0.0
            Lloyd Meinholz Newbie

            I have those files in my deploy folder already. I diff'ed them to the same files in the server/all/deploy folder and they were the same.

             

            One bit of info I forgot to mention. I copied the standard configuration to myconf. I start the server with:

             

            ./run.sh -c myconf -b myconf -u myconf

             

            My machine is multi-homed and hostname myconf resolves to my server.

             

            I've also tried starting the default profile with similar results.

            • 3. OnDemand apps not working with JBoss 6.0.0
              jaikiran pai Master

              So what exactly happens when you try to access those applications? And what URL are you using? What do you see on the console logs?

              • 4. OnDemand apps not working with JBoss 6.0.0
                Lloyd Meinholz Newbie

                I access http://myconf:8080.

                 

                This give me the ROOT web application.

                 

                When I access http://myconf:8080/jmx-console/

                 

                I get a 404.

                 

                There are no records in the server.log or boot.log.

                 

                I think I will just copy the apps from $JBOSS_HOME/common/deploy to my $JBOSS_HOME/server/myconf/deploy. I don't really care that they load on demand, I just want them there. I will probably have to delete the *-console-activator-beans.xml from my server deploy directory.

                • 5. OnDemand apps not working with JBoss 6.0.0
                  jaikiran pai Master

                  I just looked at my local installation of JBoss AS 6.0.0.Final and tested this out with the standard profile. Everything works fine without any issues. I would suggest that you first try this with a clean JBoss AS against the standard profile and see if that works. Then try creating your own "myconf" profile and test that out. We'll then know what the problem is. You might also want to attach your logs that you see on the console.

                  1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. OnDemand apps not working with JBoss 6.0.0
                    Lloyd Meinholz Newbie

                    Thanks for the pointer. I should have gone back to the basic config and given that a shot.

                     

                    After puting myconfig together bit by bit, I found the issue was with my settings in deploy/jbossweb.sar/server.xml. I had changed the defaultHost in Engine from localhost to myconfig (the actual IP the server should answer on) and the name of the Host tag from localhost to myconfig. When I left these two setttings as localhost, the OnDemand apps loaded as expected. When I had these two settings as myconfig (the actual hostname of my server) the OnDemand apps didn't load.

                     

                    I guess these changes in server.xml somehow conflicted with the -c -b and -u opts to run.sh. I haven't noticed this in 5.1.0.

                     

                    Anyway, going back to step 1 helped me resolve the issue. Thanks again!