2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2011 11:20 AM by Leandro Quiroga

NullPointerException in LoadServlet.init()

Leandro Quiroga Newbie

Hi, I'm new in mod_cluster and I'm try to run the Load Balancing Demo Application.

I'm using:

mod_cluster-1.1.1.Final-bin.tar.gz

mod_cluster-1.1.1.Final-windows-x86-ssl.zip

the httpd server included in mod_cluster-1.1.1.Final-windows-x86-ssl.zip

and a Tomcat 6.0.32

I followed the steps from chapter 2 in the mod_cluster documentation but when I click Start in the Load Balancing Demo Application the following exception is thrown:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jboss.modcluster.demo.servlet.LoadServlet.init(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1173)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:809)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:129)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)

at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProcessor.process(AjpAprProcessor.java:429)

at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProtocol$AjpConnectionHandler.process(AjpAprProtocol.java:384)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1665)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

I think the problem is that the method findService() is returning null.

Do you know why this is happening?

Thanks!

Leaqui