1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 16, 2011 10:34 AM by ataylor

Message count / Queue Depth cms

limbusart

Hi all,

I'm making a small project using cms and hornetQ, and although I looked in the documentation I couldn't find a way to display the message count of the queues I use, apparently because such method does not exist in cms. That's why I'm gonna use JMS in another program to display that information.

Having a Username, Password, QueueName and Port of my queue written in c++, how can I connect it to a java program to obtain the queue depth?

For what i've read in the examples on JMS, something that could be interesting is in message-counter.java:

ObjectName on = ObjectNameBuilder.DEFAULT.getJMSQueueObjectName(queue.getQueueName());

JMXConnector connector = JMXConnectorFactory.connect(new JMXServiceURL(JMX_URL), new HashMap());

MBeanServerConnection mbsc = connector.getMBeanServerConnection();

JMSQueueControl queueControl = (JMSQueueControl)MBeanServerInvocationHandler.newProxyInstance(mbsc,

on,

JMSQueueControl.class,

false);

Although I don't know where to fit those parameters I have in my c++ program in order to display the counter.

Thanks in advance.