4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2011 6:23 AM by Steven Barn

Session relation mapping with apache mod_xx ?

Steven Barn Newbie

Hi

I want to build up a Load Balance with apache mod_cluster at the moment Iam using mod_jk which balances tomcat's.

This is the situation:

I got an user_application(build in browser) which sends an own SessionID(SessionID_A) to the "Apache Balancer".

The mod_jk sends via roundRobin a request to a Tomcat server which also generats an ID (I think its called JSessionID - I dont want to use any cookies). At some point I lose my SessionID_A in the URL, the Apache(mod_jk) now only remembers the JSessionID and is not able to talk back to the right user_application.

Is there a way to build up an routing inside of apache_mod_xx? may be with ProxyPass but I dont know how this would look like? some codeexample would be perfect or any links to guides.

user_application------[SessionID_A] ---------> Apache-balancer--------[SessionID_A]-----> Tomcat1

|

?dont know this session?<--user_application<-[JSessionID]-- Apache-balancer<----[JSessionID]-----|

----> Tomcat2

----> Tomcat3

Thanks in advance