1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 3, 2011 4:42 AM by ysliu

fail to stop jboss that running as windows service

ysliu

hello, I'm trying to run jboss AS as a windows service using jboss native(2.0.6).(I'm on windows xp) and I meet following problem when I try to stop the

jboss service in windows services management console. at begining after I click the stop button the service turn into stoped status after 20 seconds. but I found the jboss process was terminated instead of stopping gracefully. so I modified regisy value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WaitToKillServiceTimeout to increase shutdown time(to 200 seconds). the change takes effect. after doing that, services  manager indeed wait for more time, but after about 120 seconds, services manager poped up a alert dialog that complains "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion". I test in cmd to run shutdown.bat to shutdown my jboss directly. in my case it 

takes about 80 seconds. so I think it's long enough to shut down the jboss before the alert dialog popup. it will be very appreciated if anyone can explain me what is the cause of the problem and how to resolve it. thanks!