1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 13, 2014 9:54 PM by samyomar82

Install on Mac OS X - fix

donlaidlaw

I am a jbpm newbie, and trying it out on my Mac OS X 10.6.6 MacBook Pro. There is a problem when running the ant install.demo command in the eclipse install portion. The main problem is that eclipse builds are no longer available for the carbon UI. Only the cocoa builds are available at this time. There may be some carbon builds on an archive somewhere that I do not know about, but I did not look too hard.

My solution was to change the build.xml to download the cocoa version of eclipse. While I was there I also added detection of 64-bit and selected the appropriate download for either cocoa 32 or 64 bit. The changes are as follows:

Old Version:

<condition property="download.type" value="macosx-carbon">

<and>

<os family="mac" />

<os family="unix" />

</and>

</condition>

New Version:

<condition property="download.type" value="macosx-cocoa">

<and>

<os family="mac" />

<os family="unix" />

<not>

<os arch="x86_64" />

</not>

</and>

</condition>

<condition property="download.type" value="macosx-cocoa-x86_64">

<and>

<os family="mac" />

<os family="unix" />

<os arch="x86_64" />

</and>

</condition>

And a change to the line where eclipse is fetched from the eclipse.org site

Old version:

<get src="http://download.eclipse.org/technology/epp/downloads/release/helios/SR2/eclipse-java-helios-SR2-${download.type}.${download.extension}"

dest="${install.home}/lib/eclipse-java-helios-${download.type}.${download.extension}"  />

New Version:

<get src="http://download.eclipse.org/technology/epp/downloads/release/helios/SR2/eclipse-java-helios-SR2-${download.type}.${download.extension}"

dest="${install.home}/lib/eclipse-java-helios-${download.type}.${download.extension}"  />

The above change gets the latest release of eclipse helios (The SR2 release is 3.6.2). The old version retrieved eclipse 3.6.0.

The changes above allowed the ant install.demo to run to completion. The demo worked OK up to the point of using guvnor, but that will be another discussion.

Enjoy!

-Don

• 1. Re: Install on Mac OS X - fix
          samyomar82

you saved my life , thanks you.

also instead of let the installer download eclipse for you, it some time hangs with me

so I downloaded the desired eclipse version and added it in /lib folder

then I invoked "ant demo.install"