0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2011 12:49 PM by tech4gk

JBoss 5.1.0 - JBossWS 3.4.0 - Spring 3.0.5 & CXF Error

tech4gk

Hi,

I understand that there was a similar issue related to the following concerning JBoss 6 was discussed, but not answered. The discussion is at

http://community.jboss.org/message/590259

However, I am facing the same issue with JBoss 5.1.0

I am trying to deploy webservice as a web-app deployment which contains spring 3.0.5 jars files. During the server startup, I am getting the following error:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: Class [org.apache.cxf.jaxws.spring.NamespaceHandler] for namespace [http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws] does not implement the [org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.NamespaceHandler] interface

at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver.resolve(DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver.java:126) [:2.5.6]

at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1330) [:2.5.6]

at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1325) [:2.5.6]

at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:135) [:2.5.6]

at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:93) [:2.5.6]

at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:493) [:2.5.6]

at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:390) [:2.5.6]

... 114 more

org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: Class [org.apache.cxf.jaxws.spring.NamespaceHandler] for namespace [http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws] does not implement the [org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.NamespaceHandler] interface

I get this error when I deploy to the JBoss environment with JBossWS with or without spring installation.

The application contains the spring jar files in the web-inf/lib directory.

For the non-spring installation of JBossWS,  I have copied over the following spring jar files to common/lib and client directory.

spring-asm-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar

spring-beans-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar

spring-context-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar

spring-core-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar

spring-expression-3.0.5.RELEASE

spring-jms-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar 

spring-tx-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar 

spring-aop-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar

I am going for non-spring based installation for JBossWS since, I have to use specific version of spring libraries (3.0.5) and also my application already contains these jar files.

Afte copying should I delete these from the webservice war file ?

My benas.xml is a very simple file containing the following information and attaching the same. 

Appreciate any help,as  this is a blocking issue.

The stack trace is attached...

Many Thanks

Gopala...