I'm currently investigating an incident that yielded numerous occurrences of the following message in HTTPD error_log file:
[Mon Feb 21 08:09:44 2011] [error] [client xx.yy.zzz.229] proxy: error processing end, referer: http://host.domain.net/someApp/
My research so far has me suspecting a few possible factors:
1. Unexpectedly high application latencies tha might have breach some timeout thresholds.
2. A high-volume of NotSerializableException occurrences, perhaps contributing to #1.
3. AJP-related anomalies, with potential work-around through connector timeout properties.
4. Application-specific characteristics involving HTTPD interactions (ajax, etc).
5. Version of Tomcat container in use (6.0.20).
My hope is to get a better idea of what to investigate. As of yet, I have not been able to reliably reproduce this symptom but have a lot of options to consider at this point.
Many thanks for any insight into this error.
That should be a debug... That is not a big problem the client (browser) closed the connection before receiving the response, may be a client problem.