1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 15, 2011 5:17 AM by dmanyemwe

Jar Conflicts

dmanyemwe

Hi All,

I have been struggling with an issue of conflicting jars, all forums say the same thing, the jars on my client and those on my server need to match. I have copied an re-copied jars at least 10 times now without luck! Here is my setup:

Server: JBoss AS 5.1.0.GA

Client: Swing based java app with jbossall-client.jar in classpath (yes - the one from /client on the server)

JBoss AS runs on the dev server, the client runs on my computer. The exceptions:

Client:

java.rmi.MarshalException: Failed to communicate.  Problem during marshalling/unmarshalling; nested exception is:

java.io.OptionalDataException

Server:

ERROR [ServerThread] WorkerThread#0[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:54141] exception occurred during first invocation

java.io.EOFException

at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.processInvocation(ServerThread.java:693)

at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:524)

at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:232)

The exception is thrown when attempting to call the create() method on a EJB2 stateful session bean. I have also deployed this bean afresh several times without luck.

Can someone please assist with this problem, I have run out of things to try and google! Thanks.

• 1. Jar Conflicts
          dmanyemwe

Its working! The problem was other projects I had in my classpath, removed them all then added them back one by one, finally got it to work. Hope this helps someone!