there are two different things there.
1) is completing the task in the task server
2) completing the work item in the process that lives in the ksession to be able to continue the process to the next node.
Basically you need to analyze both logs.. and probably the session one is the one that most interest you.
Is that what you are looking for? I'm not sure to understand the problem here..
I am talking about the logs in the task server (the ones pasted above). I got all these logs when I closed the task number 4 from Human Task Viewer in eclipse. Now can you answer the following questions
1) why do I see a statement which says Found generic listeners: 4? Why 4 listeners when the previous 3 tasks have been already closed?
2) I see the below statement 4 times - not sure why, can you explain?
[java] [2011:03:80 16:03:397:debug] Arguments : 
[java] [2011:03:80 16:03:403:debug] Message receieved on server : GetTaskRe
3) It seems that task closure is an event. Can you tell me who is listening to this event and when do they stop listening? I guess the tasks which have closed need to stop listening to task closure event.