3 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2014 1:13 AM by phani480

Axis2 Client on JBoss 5.1.0.GA

dmanyemwe

Hi All,

I have been battling to get an Axis2 (v1.5.4) client to work on JBoss (5.1.0.GA). Here is the setup:

-> I consumed a webservice using Axis2 wsdl2java to create the client stubs (in eclipse galileo)

-> I need to make calls to this webservice from another application deployed on my JBoss AS

-> The webservice is in its own jar that I have placed in /server/default/lib/

-> Calls to the webservice are made by an application in /server/default/deploy/

The problem I am currently facing:

-> Where do the axis2 jars go? I have currently dumped them into /server/default/lib but this is messy

-> What is the best way of achieving my goal?

When I run the client on its own, ie a small java app with a main that makes calls to the webservice, I do not encounter any isses. The problem is on attempting to make calls to the webservice within JBoss. Please note I am not trying to deploy my own webservice, I just want to call one that I have consumed. I therefore have not deployed the axis2.war (I tried that too but it didnt solve my issue!).

The exception I encounter on attempting to get the SOAP request and response is:

org.apache.axiom.om.OMException: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxIOException: Attempted read on closed stream.

Googling the exception suggested I have config problems but I use identical configs on my java client without issues. This has led me to believe it must have to do with my class loading / setup, so if someone knows what could be causing this I would really appreciate the help!

Please let me know if I can provide more info about the issue.

Thanks!

• 1. Axis2 Client on JBoss 5.1.0.GA
          jaikiran

Daniel Manyemwe wrote:

Hi All,

I have been battling to get an Axis2 (v1.5.4) client to work on JBoss (5.1.0.GA). Here is the setup:

-> I consumed a webservice using Axis2 wsdl2java to create the client stubs (in eclipse galileo)

-> I need to make calls to this webservice from another application deployed on my JBoss AS

-> The webservice is in its own jar that I have placed in /server/default/lib/

-> Calls to the webservice are made by an application in /server/default/deploy/

The problem I am currently facing:

-> Where do the axis2 jars go? I have currently dumped them into /server/default/lib but this is messy

-> What is the best way of achieving my goal?

What kind of application is the webservice client (the one which invokes the webservice)? Is it deployed as a .jar in the deploy folder? I believe it's more than just a .jar since plain .jar in deploy folders are of no value.

• 2. Axis2 Client on JBoss 5.1.0.GA
            dmanyemwe

I generated the client stubs into their own project and placed it in server/default/lib. I was trying to avoid making the main application too bulky as the stubs on their own are 1MB. So I make calls to the stub classes from the main application deployed in /deploy. Do you think splitting them up this way could be causing the issue?

• 3. Re: Axis2 Client on JBoss 5.1.0.GA
              phani480

here i am facing the same problem above will you guys tell me the solution.......