2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2011 4:40 PM by joe_boy12

how to stop the service execution

joe_boy12

hello,

could be a dumb Qs - is there any quick start which explains how to terminate/stop the service and send the response back if errors happen in one of the service actions?

Thanks

Joe

• 1. how to stop the service execution
          joe_boy12

I think I figured out that by returning null in action classes or throwing

ActionProcessingException can stop the service execution, then I can override the error handling code in @OnException method.

I am trying to send back a custom XML reply to the client code (if something goes wrong) which invoked my service on HttpGateway lets say

<response status="error">

<errors>

<error code="X0001">SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED</error>

</errors>

</response>

anybody has sample code?

Thanks

Joe

• 2. how to stop the service execution
            joe_boy12

is it possible to send custom XML response back to Http client in a method which is annotated with @OnException

I have a sample code in an action which throws one business exception, it executes the the method also but doesnt send the custom XML back. here is the code. All I see is exception stack trace which caused this methd to execute....

@OnException
            public void error( Message msg )
            {
            if( log.isInfoEnabled())
            {
              log.info("+++++++++++++++++++ In error() +++++++++++++ :: OUCH " + msg.getFault());
            }

String error = "<fault code=\"111\" order_id=\"O1234567\"><cause desc=\"SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED\"/></fault>";
            msg.getBody().add(error);

HttpResponse response = new HttpResponse(200);
            //HttpResponse response = HttpResponse.getResponse(msg); // throws NPE
            response.setContentType("text/xml");
            response.setEncoding("UTF-8");
            response.setResponse(msg);
            }