2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2011 6:05 PM by objectiser

Does BPMN choreography subsume WS-CDL?

rawlings

How many features of WS-CDL made it into BPMN 2.0 beta 2? And how many features didn't make it?

Does BPMN 2.0 beta 2 subsume the essential features of WS-CDL and the Savara tooling? What would I lose on a round trip?

• 1. Does BPMN choreography subsume WS-CDL?
          objectiser

A good question, and one I cannot answer fully at the moment.

WS-CDL and BPMN2 have many of the same concepts, but one of the main differences is that CDL is block structure based, whereas BPMN2 is graph based - so mapping from BPMN2 back to CDL may be an issue for some examples.

I think CDL has some concepts related to transacted and alignment of state that have not been discussed in BPMN2.

This will be documented in more detail once the conversion tasks commence.

Regards

Gary

• 2. Does BPMN choreography subsume WS-CDL?
            objectiser

Matthew Rawlings wrote:

Does BPMN 2.0 beta 2 subsume the essential features of WS-CDL and the Savara tooling? What would I lose on a round trip?

Forgot to ask why you included 'Savara tooling' in your subsume statement? Savara tooling is applicable across a wide range of artefact formats - its more about validating artefacts against each other.