0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2011 9:27 AM by raghuseeta

Jboss 5.1 AS taking unsually long time to boot

raghuseeta

I am trying to start the JBOSS 5.1 AS on RHEL Linux box. It is taking unusually long time to boot. Ultimately it dosn't start and comes out throwing some errors and killing the process. I have set JAVA_OPTS as follows:

JAVA_OPTS:  -Xms256m -Xmx720m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Dorg.jboss.resolver.warning=true -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

As shown in the attached logs I started the jboss at 1:50:17 . By the time it came out it was  08:42:24 !!!!

It paused after the following line for 1 hr !!

01:50:54,924 INFO  [LogNotificationListener] Adding notification listener for logging mbean "jboss.system:service=Logging,type=Log4jService" to server org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl@6257828d[ defaultDomain='jboss' ]

02:50:58,097 WARN  [config] jacorb.home unset! Will use '.'

Can anybody please suggest me what could be going wrong by looking to the logs. Whether this has got something to do with the network issues. My linux machine has got 4 GB of RAM. I am a new to without much prior experience in JBOSS. Can anybody please help me in this. Pls let me know if any body need any details