1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 26, 2011 7:41 AM by ilya_shaikovsky

ajax and popupPanel in RF4

dwagmuse

I'm having trouble trying to create a popupPanel that gets ajax rendered.

It seems that I can EITHER ajax render the panel contents OR make it show, but not both.

I also want to control this from a javascript function that I can attach as event handler to various other elements.

So, I've tried using an a hidden input element and submit button to render the contents. My javascript function can update

the input element value and click the button to cause the form to render. That much works. However, if I uncomment the componentControl to

try to get the panel to show the panel is displayed, but the elements are all empty and the whole view is unresponsive (no error in firebug console either). I can use a separate button outside the popup with the componentControl to cause the popup to show, but that's not how I want it to work.

How do I make this work in one click? Is there a simpler way to do what I'm trying to do?

Thanks.

<h:form id="detailsform" >

<rich:popupPanel id="details" >

<f:facet name="header">

<h:outputText value="Edit Class Meeting" />

</f:facet>

<h:panelGrid columns="1">

<h:inputText id="tocoursedetailsviewinput"

value="#{editClass.dbid}" />

<h:commandButton id="tocoursedetailsviewsubmit"

style="display:none">

<a4j:ajax render="details" execute="tocoursedetailsviewinput" />

<!--  rich:componentControl target="details" operation="show" / -->

</h:commandButton>