0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2011 9:11 AM by jymc

ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.config.MyfacesConfig] Both MyFaces and the RI are on your classpath. Please make sure to use only one of the two JSF-implementations.

jymc

I am migrating one of my app from WebLogic 9 to JBoss AS 5.1, and it using Myfaces. I added the below block to my web.xml to disable the built in JSF i.e.

<context-param>

<param-name>org.jboss.jbossfaces.WAR_BUNDLES_JSF_IMPL</param-name>

<param-value>true</param-value>

</context-param>

When I deploy the war to JBoss, everything seems ok, no errors on the log, but when I play with a page, I see the below error.

ERROR (http-127.0.0.1-8080-4) Both MyFaces and the RI are on your classpath. Please make sure to use only one of the two JSF-implementations.

I have another app migrated to JBoss AS 5.1 with the same config, and it didnt give me this error message. I compared both apps and find out that the version of myfaces are different. the one in error uses version 1.1.5 and the one doesn't have this error using version 1.1.3.

Can anyone explain why it is given the error for myfaces 1.1.5? what new changes in 1.1.5 cause this conflict with JBoss 5.1.

Thanks