1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 30, 2011 11:18 AM by tcunning

multiple esb archives

ranjith1982

Hi All

We are fairly new to JBoss product in our company and have a been working on drools and some basic jbpm stuff. This is not really a technical question but more of how the ESB projects that we create needs to be managed from a code repository point of view. We have a product that has multiple functions which requires creating and exposing different services in the esb layer. So the question is, is it advisable to create all these services in a single esb file and deploy or do we need multiple esb archive for different services? And also, what determines we need separate esb archives for managing our services?

I have seen the JBoss deploy folder has mulitple esb files and I think its more or less related to a particular set of logical functions(or services) that needs to work together has been combined.

Are we going for mulitple esb archives, purely from a maintenance perspective?

It will be great if someone could shed light on this. Appreciate your help!

• 1. Re: multiple esb archives
          tcunning
          I have seen the JBoss deploy folder has mulitple esb files and I think its more or less related to a particular set of logical functions(or services) that needs to work together has been combined.

I think you answered your own question right here as well as any of us could have.

1 of 1 people found this helpful